• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - Handmade Sword

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello friends. Here is my first handmade sword. It is not a historically accurate piece, but one of my own design, inspired by elements of the long sword, arming sword, and jian. This piece took me 8 months of periodic work, and learning new techniques.

I will include a signed letter of thanks for purchasing this piece, which will also containing its specs, a brief write up about how it was made, and a statement that it is indeed my first ever handmade sword.

I am keeping the price low on account of it being my first one, and thus not perfect, but given it is a fully handmade sword with quality materials, I would be more than happy to have this sword if faced with the zombie apocalypse or some wild wolves.

I would NOT want to use it in a duel against a swordsman wielding a sword made for actual sword fighting, because I know nothing about sword fighting, and wouldn't want to use a blade for sword fighting that was made by someone who knows nothing about sword fighting. ;)

It might be cliché, but this is truly a "battle ready" sword, though I hope it never sees any such use, but rather lives out its life as "functional art".

Specs
Steel: 1084
Hardness: HRC 55-56

Grind: double edged convex grind, fuller, fully sharpened

Overall Length: 37"
Blade length: 26"
Cutting Edge Length: 25"

Point of Balance: 2 3/4" past guard
Point of Harmonics: 16"

Weight: 2 lb 2.7 oz

Handle: 11" black canvas Micarta, aluminum pins

Scabbard: Kydex pancake scabbard with excellent retention

SOLD, via PayPal G&S to the email address I will provide in private messaging (not the one in my sig). First to post "I'll take it" gets priority. I am posting this on Saturday evening, and will be unavailable for message Sunday, but will respond to claims or questions Monday morning.

I hope you like my first sword, and thanks for looking!

IMG_8789.JPG
IMG_8791.JPG
IMG_8790.JPG
IMG_8796.JPG
IMG_8786.JPG

Last edited:
Today I learned that swords have a point of harmonics. I'll be darned, but of course! Really cool stuff. Reading about it reminded me of how my hands felt hitting a fastball off the end of bat.

Beautiful sword. I want to make a Cold Steel style video with it!!

Thank you gentlemen.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. This is now sold.

Back