• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[Sold] Liong Mah XV, Reate Baby Machine - Shipping from Canada

Hey, looking to sell off a few from my collection. They're all great knives, but have a some new ones coming in and need to recoup some funds. Unfortunately, can't afford to keep them all ahaha

• All prices are for Paypal G&S and include shipping
  • The knives are shipping from Canada, so hassle free if any fellow Canadians are interested, also happy to ship to the US
  • The only knives I'm really interested in at the moment trade-wise would be:
    • a Brian Nadeau/Sharp by Design: (ideally a Tanto model on either)
      • Typhoon (preferably full-size 4")
      • Hurricane (ideally a Tanto model on either)
      • Would be plus cash from me obviously
    • a Reate K-2
    • Preferred pattern would be stepped/bolstered followed by the engraved/rock pattern
    • Preferred colours would probably be black or bronze, but also happy with plain Ti/silver
  • May also consider offers, so feel free to shoot me a message, if you like one of the knives, but aren't willing to pay the price listed
Liong Mah XV (LNIB) - Looking to sell it for $sold USD
  • Stonewashed Handle, Blue Hardware & Vents, Stonewashed Blade with Satin Flats
  • Integral construction with a 4" tanto blade made of s35vn steel
  • Framelock flipper
  • Designed by Liong Mah and produced by Reate Knives
Image Album and Action Video

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 7.42.00 PM.png

Further Info/Write up:
  • No signs of wear at all on the knife, has been flipped and used to cut a little bit of paper and that's about it. The only difference I can tell from when I originally got it, is that the action is a bit better/smoother as it has broken in a bit.
  • Smooth action, solid lockup with no blade play, blade centering is perfect (all as you would expect from Reate)
  • Includes: Knife, Liong Mah pouch

Reate Baby Machine (Tashi Bharucha Design) - Looking to sell it for $sold USD (Sells for $320 on BladeHQ, Knifecenter etc...)
  • Grey Bead Blasted Handles, Satin Blade with Stonewashed Flats
  • Has a 3.26" blade of RWL-34 steel with a finger hole for deployment
  • Framelock
  • Faux integral handle construction (two scales join together without the use of a backspacer or standoffs)
Image Album and Action Video

IMG_9256.JPG

Further Info/Write up:

• Very smooth action (didn't really even need to break in (Reate has started adding a detent ramp)), great for finger flicking open or spidie dropping etc...
  • Solid lockup, no blade play, perfect centering
  • This one I did use and carry bit and as a result it has some scratches/aesthetic imperfections.
    • The knife is still mechanically perfect! There is no stripping of any of the screws, or damage to the lockbar/insert, or anything like that, but there are a few scratches.
    • I've included closeups of any scratches on the knife in the photo gallery (near the end), so you can take a close look.
    • I imagine that some of them could probably be removed fairly easily, but not my area of expertise.
  • I sharpened it to a mirror edge on a fixed angle system at 20 degrees. It's not fully mirrored anymore, due to a bit of use. It's still got a very reflective edge and it's definitely very sharp! I'll make sure to give it a little bit of a touch up, on the ultra fine stone and the strop before I mail it out. Finished tuning up the edge:
IMG_9312.JPG
  • Includes: Knife, Reate soft pouch, cleaning cloth, certificate of authenticity (limited run), microfibre pouch, Reate patch, extra hardware

Please shoot me a message or post a reply, if you have any further questions, or would like to purchase

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
Back