• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[SOLD] Olamic ISOLO Whippersnapper, Frosty Finish w/ Blue Acid Raindrops, Timascus Clip

bovice786

Gold Member
Getting married this weekend and I just had to buy new motorcycle leathers so I need to recoup some funds. This is an awesome piece and I hate to let it go, but I already have too many knives that I won't carry.

Olamic "ISOLO" Whippersnapper (B)

SOLD: $685 | No Trades

Timestamp/Videos: https://imgur.com/a/5kbGBPt

All photos taken directly under a 6000k desk lamp so EVERYTHING shows up

B rated for me being the third owner, and for disassembly & adding Diawa oil. This was my first Olamic and it certainly will not be my last, but it's too fancy for me to justify keeping. Plus the wife thinks it's ugly for some reason.

Shameless plagiarizing from the previous owner's description: "The Isolo models are special edition Olamics. This Isolo Whippersnapper has a frosted outside handles (more heavily worked than the normal frosted finish) with Blue Acid Rain Drops, Timascus clip, Fileworked backspacer that was polished then anodized."

The action on this one is really nice - crisp detent, easy to front flip, really easy to flip from the top with your index finger, and even easier to flick with a middle finger. Glassy smooth action with great acoustics both opening and closing. The file work on the backspacer, anodization on the spacer and inside of scales & hardware, and the timascus clip - it's all amazing. Frosty finish is nice and grippy so I was pleasantly surprised by that. Razor sharp with a really nice factory grind. Only two negatives here: 1) There are two little stains on the show side blade that almost look like water spots. I wasn't able to get them off with a microfiber and some alcohol but I didn't try any harder than that because they aren't visible under normal lighting. (2) On the pivot screw, some of the anodization came off inside the screw head because this takes a T9 and not a T8. No marring or damage, just some color worn off.

Comes with Olamic case and COA.

Last edited:
Back