• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD*Opinel Mod Copper and OD Canvas Micarta

Spikediesel

Spare time SAK builder
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi Bladeforums, many of you have seen some of my Opinel mods over the past few years, here is my latest. This is a carbon steel Opinel 8 blade that I have installed into a copper and OD green canvas Micarta handle system. The scales were CAD drawn and CNC machined by me as was the copper backspacer that acts as the blade stop in both directions. This version is a complete screw together design. The knife has a copper lanyard tube, copper pivot screw collars, Titanium pivot screws, PB blade washers, stainless steel handle screws and barrels. This is a NON locking friction folder and the blade tension is adjustable with the pivot screws. By purchasing this knife you acknowledge that you are of legal age to own it and agree to use it safely and in accordance with all laws.
The price is $old PayPal shipped inside the US
4A8s5AR.jpg

vvS54vp.jpg

3u8mpe2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bladeforums, many of you have seen some of my Opinel mods over the past few years, here is my latest. This is a carbon steel Opinel 8 blade that I have installed into a copper and OD green canvas Micarta handle system. The scales were CAD drawn and CNC machined by me as was the copper backspacer that acts as the blade stop in both directions. This version is a complete screw together design. The knife has a copper lanyard tube, copper pivot screw collars, Titanium pivot screws, PB blade washers, stainless steel handle screws and barrels. This is a NON locking friction folder and the blade tension is adjustable with the pivot screws. By purchasing this knife you acknowledge that you are of legal age to own it and agree to use it safely and in accordance with all laws.
The price is $old PayPal shipped inside the US
4A8s5AR.jpg

vvS54vp.jpg

3u8mpe2.jpg
Now this is nice!

Thanks for the kind words via PMs and posts everyone!

Spikediesel did do a good job on this!

it's still an Opinel 8 carbon only in slicing and the dicing, otherwise very different knife

the micarta has been weathering beautifully with moderate use, and much more comfortable with the thin profile compared to the wooden stock handle

it really is a great alternative to a sodbuster or EDC friction folder

only improvement that could me made IMO is an EZ-open/thumb cutout

the price was very reasonable. think lowish GEC numbers

so it cost about as much as three or four standard carbon #8s - not nearly as good a deal, but...

to me it's worth more than any number of classic Opinels, and this coming from someone who has always really enjoyed their brand

Back