• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[SOLD OUT] Natural Abalone with Acrylic - STUNNING Jewel Abalone Knife Scales 1/4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

This batch is now all sold out. Once the new batch arrives I will let everyone know. It is possible to pre-order the material. Just contact me by PM or email

If you make a purchase, please PM or email: by@tiancode.com to provide your forum id so that I can give you a buyer iTrader rating. Thank you.

This stunning material is one layer of premium grade natural abalone sheet sandwiched by two layers of acrylic of 5mm and 1mm in thickness, respectively. The extra bright acrylic is totally transparent, not dyed. The same piece displays multiple colors at the same time: green, blue, purple, yellow, and more.

The acrylic layers serve as protections, also make the material much easier to work with.

Thickness: 1/4" +/- 0.01"

Two different sizes available:
Small: 4.25" x 1.75", two pieces in a pair - $20
Large: 5" x 1.75", two pieces in a pair - $28
Shipping - $3

Click Here to Order

IMG_5545-min.jpg

Knife made by Bill Akers @backwoodscustomknives Please watch the short video to fully appreciate how amazing this material looks on a finished knife
002.jpg

They are made of natural abalone shells obtained from seafood farms in Mexico. Then the shells are sliced into very thin layers. These thin layers are then carefully arranged into a flat sheet. Most abalone sheet produced from this technology have banding and dis-colorization issues. Only less than 5% are considered premium. Limited availability.

IMG_5569-min.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back