• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* S35VN Gyuto with Tasmanian Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I have a really nice western style gyuto up for sale here and Instagram. It's S35VN stainless steel which has been heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo treatment. This steel has great edge retention and corrosion resistance. The handle material is more Curly Tasmanian Blackwood. It has been stabilized by K&G and is attached with bronze pins. The liners are black and white G10. It's balance point is at the front of the scales. It weighs in at 200gm (7oz)

SPECS:
OAL: 340mm (13.375")
BLADE: 210mm (8.25") long, 50mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 800grit. The grind is full flat with convex towards the edge which is down to 0.008" before sharpening. It's ground with distal taper.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") S35VN Stainless steel heat treated to RC61 including LN cryo.
HANDLE: Stabilized Curly Tasmanian Blackwood. Black and White G10 liners and bronze pins.

Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS
international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

mcORk40l.jpg

1tCKjnNl.jpg

RImvEARl.jpg

6vAkW6sl.jpg

W2df5Sal.jpg

0CDbgojl.jpg

pRjRtR6l.jpg

mAKlIlql.jpg

Last edited:
Back