• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* San Mai Drop Point Hunter (26C3 core) with Thornwood Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen,
This is the latest off my bench. It's a drop point hunter in San Mai steel from @Alpha Knife Supply consisting of a 26C3 core and 410 stainless steel jacket. It's heat treated to RC63. It's hand sanded to 1200 grit and then etched with both coffee to darken the core and FeCl to reveal the carbon migration between the layers. The handle material is some beautiful stuff I've had for a while and just got around to using. It's very unique and rare Thornwood burl from @Greenberg Woods. It looks like marble and feels great in hand. This is a special one of a kind hunter that will look and function great out in the field.

SPECS:
OAL: 9"
BLADE: 3.5" long, 1.25" wide. The blade was hand sanded to 1200 grit and then etched. The grind is full flat with some convex behind the edge. The edge is down to 0.010" before sharpening.
STEEL: 0.12" San Mai with 26C3 carbon steel core with 410 stainless steel jacket heat treated to RC63.
HANDLE: Stabilized Thornwood Burl, 416 stainless steel guard with a textured face and black micarta and stainless steel spacers.
SHEATH: Pouch style leather sheath included.
Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the US
international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

ZkZRhCgl.jpg

mUgh6jDl.jpg

6UG1jg2l.jpg

dhCJBA3l.jpg

eooSs3Al.jpg

tfmg4dbl.jpg

TzcDaAil.jpg

YLHMdaMl.jpg

eGLWLAsl.jpg

Io3BADnl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Robert, I'm going to send you a PM in just a moment to work something out. I gotta get my hands on this beauty.

As per post requirements: I'll take it.

Also, your work is progressing beautifully. Your skills are clearly at a different level from just a few years ago. Great work.

Last edited:
Hi Robert, I'm going to send you a PM in just a moment to work something out. I gotta get my hands on this beauty.

As per post requirements: I'll take it.

Also, your work is progressing beautifully. Your skills are clearly at a different level from just a few years ago. Great work.
It's yours, thank you sir!

Back