• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Spyderco (SOLD) Southard Folder with Cuscadi Bone Scale/Lockbar Stabilizer

Jokkamofeenanay

Gold Member
Hey BF, I've got a very nice Spyderco Southard flipper for sale, with a beautiful Cuscadi custom "bone" scale & lockbar stabilizer replacing the less-than-aesthetically-pleasing (to me, anyway) doo-doo brown stock G-10.

https://imgur.com/a/nLw8qqj

I'm the second owner of this Southard, and it has been lightly carried and is in excellent condition, with incredibly smooth action and fantastic fit & finish. There are a few snail trails and light scratches on the titanium side, and I sharpened the blade on a KME to a 17 degree angle, finished it with a kangaroo strop and 4-micron emulsion. It is scary sharp. No scratches on the nice stonewash/mirror CTS-240P blade that I can see.

The Cuscadi package just arrived on Saturday and I immediately installed the "faux bone" (good name for a band?) scale & matching lockbar stabilizer. I think this addition brings the knife to a whole new level....looks great! I also cleaned the innards and re-lubricated the pivot bearings, resulting in even better action than previous (which was actually pretty darn good). One thing I noticed since installing the scales on Saturday and examining the knife again today is that the blue Loctite I put on the screws seems to have created a bleed-through effect and darkened (not colored blue, just darkened) the new scale a little bit around the screws, particularly the pivot. This didn't happen on the lockbar stabilizer side of the pivot, so I guess I didn't use Loctite on that side. Because of the darkening around the screws (even though it doesn't look too bad in my opinion - see Saturday vs. today's photo), I'm lowering the price that I planned to ask.

Asking $OLD, PayPal G&S, shipped USPS priority CONUS. Original scale/lockbar stabilizer and box are also included. Yes, I'm taking a deep bath on this (the Cuscadi scales alone cost $100 new), and although I'd really like to keep this beauty, I need to free up some funds to fix the sagging headliner on my VW Golf R.

Last edited:
Back