Solingen Blades

I have bought several of the Solingen Cumberland blades to give as gifts to my nephews. I put handles of either Osage or Walnut on them and make sheaths from horsehide held together with copper rivets.
The blades seem to be of good quality. They keep their edge well and are easy to sharpen.
Have any of you ever purchased these from Jantz and the other suppliers that sell them?
dc0166ac0cf1c954d40154c2aa973dea.jpg

17573937d61d242b3cc5619e6bea4a20.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I d love to put my hands on Linder's Crocodile Hunter made in Solingen in Germany.City Solingen have huge history of knifemaking in Germany, some of the most high end production knives comes from there.

I have always had a fondness for Solingen steel. I hove owned many Boker and Henckels kinves. Many years ago, sometime in the 80s, I picked up a Solingen Bowie blade blank locally at Koval Knives, I was told it was Solingen forged 440c. While buffing the knife I dropped it on the concrete shop floor point first. It took a chunk out of the floor with no damage to the blade. Over the last 30 years this knife has been through hell and back, it has never chipped or rolled an edge, still looks good and cuts well.

IMG_0395v01.jpg

Back