• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(SOLVED, happy with outcome) Need to call out a knife maker (Ken Coats) for his very poor response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I'm in Australia so I'm unable to phone him up.
..... I call the US all the time mate, it is not that expensive and would probably go a long way to to sorting this out. There was a time when calling from a mobile was cheaper than the landline as well. His details are above, do the time calculation and call him during normal business hours. It is much harder to ignore a person talking to you than it is an email.

Good luck.

Andy

Probably a mix up, he seemed pretty open about his emails being wonky, and also he seemed ready to fix it. If you do not call him, maybe have someone here call and let him know about this thread?

Probably a mix up, he seemed pretty open about his emails being wonky, and also he seemed ready to fix it. If you do not call him, maybe have someone here call and let him know about this thread?

If someone in the US would be willing to call him that would be fantastic. Either that, or I can try calling international when I get over the heavy cold I currently have

If someone in the US would be willing to call him that would be fantastic. Either that, or I can try calling international when I get over the heavy cold I currently have
I suggest, that you get to feeling better and call him yourself so nothing gets mixed up playing telephone with someone in the middle. I hope you feel better & you & the maker can get this sorted out! Best of luck!

You are really going to have to do this yourself. There are too many variables and decisions that are going to come up for someone else to handle it for you. Person to person it could be worked out quickly. Through a third party(if he will even talk to them) it could take forever.
Good luck on getting it resolved

You are really going to have to do this yourself. There are too many variables and decisions that are going to come up for someone else to handle it for you. Person to person it could be worked out quickly. Through a third party(if he will even talk to them) it could take forever.
Good luck on getting it resolved

I agree. I also would have called and had a serious conversation before making the thread due to the odd/unique situation. But that's just me.

Or Ken's own user blade.

It's cool you're trying to be nice but I can't imagine a scenario where this was some sort of grabbed the wrong knife mistake.

If it was something for/from someone else, then it is still an example of terrible work. If it's his own shop knife, he hasn't noticed that yet?

Let us all know how it plays out. Hopefully it will get sorted ASAP...good luck!!

I agree. I also would have called and had a serious conversation before making the thread due to the odd/unique situation. But that's just me.

^ :thumbsup::thumbsup: Me too!

I always prefer picking up & using a phone, in lieu of texting/emails (especially an instance like this), where 2 parties can have reciprocal communication speaking with one another...& can hopefully come to an amicable resolution.

Good luck!

^ :thumbsup::thumbsup: Me too!

I always prefer picking up & using a phone, in lieu of texting/emails (especially an instance like this), where 2 parties can have reciprocal communication speaking with one another...& can hopefully come to an amicable resolution.
Depending on the circumstance, an email may be helpful when having to present evidence to other parties. If that doesn’t work then call asap.

I have been watching the posts on here and am just amazed at this knife maker. He has to have read these comments! You mean to tell me he has no conscious about this issue? Or maybe he has a serious medical issue. But still, he couldn’t have someone on his behalf reach out to this guy?? I mean, he is the creator of those famous after market clips for spyderco and cold steel?

I have been watching the posts on here and am just amazed at this knife maker. He has to have read these comments! You mean to tell me he has no conscious about this issue? Or maybe he has a serious medical issue. But still, he couldn’t have someone on his behalf reach out to this guy?? I mean, he is the creator of those famous after market clips for spyderco and cold steel?
You are combining two separate threads/makers/issues...

His last activity on BF seems to be Sept 11, so he likely isn't aware of the thread

You are combining two separate threads/makers/issues...
So this entire threat is dedicated to Ken Coats or is there another maker involved in a separate incident. I read through the posts but I guess I need to read again. Ryan Sumner Ryan Sumner was the only person with the issue, I assumed.

So this entire threat is dedicated to Ken Coats or is there another maker involved in a separate incident. I read through the posts but I guess I need to read again. Ryan Sumner Ryan Sumner was the only person with the issue, I assumed.
The thread is about Ken Coats, the slip joint maker.

I mean, he is the creator of those famous after market clips for spyderco and cold steel?
As far as I'm aware, he doesn't make after market clips for any brand. I believe that's what was meant by "combining makers/issues".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back