Some bushcraft knives

Hi guys,

Its my first time on the forum, so let me introduce myself a bit. My name is Mark Storm, a knifemaker from the Netherlands, with the wooden shoes and windmills etc ;)
This is my fifth year making knives, and the first year being a fulltime maker.

I'm mainly focussing on bushcraft knives and puukko's.
Here are some pictures. Really interested to hear your thoughts!

Cheers Mark

pNBl0NMm.jpg

I5GbcrJm.jpg

LTQq9uAm.jpg

A8R3p1hm.jpg

Beautiful knives! I really like your blade shapes as well on your bushcraft examples. You might think about upgrading your membership to Knifemaker-Craftsman-Service Provider so you can offer some for sale. I'd bet members would be interested.

Beautiful knives! I really like your blade shapes as well on your bushcraft examples. You might think about upgrading your membership to Knifemaker-Craftsman-Service Provider so you can offer some for sale. I'd bet members would be interested.
I might do that indeed, can you send me a DM with some price information maybe?

Gorgeous work.
That little Curly with the scandi grind is STUNNING!
Glad to have you.

Last edited:
I see craytab has put up the membership details for you. This is a knowledgeable, friendly, appreciative community of enthusiasts. I know that you, and we, will find it worthwhile to have you participate at a higher level of commitment. At any rate, welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself and your work!

I see craytab has put up the membership details for you. This is a knowledgeable, friendly, appreciative community of enthusiasts. I know that you, and we, will find it worthwhile to have you participate at a higher level of commitment. At any rate, welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself and your work!

Thank you, that is very kind of you. I will check out the details tonight!

Very nice,clean lines. Hope to see your work for sale in the future. Wishing you much success.

Love the Puukkos. I hope to see one for sale soon.

Thank you very much for your compliments guys! I really appreciate all feedback!

I will register a membership soon and get back to you with some new stuff.

Cheers Mark

Those are beautiful knives. I really like them.

What kind of steel do you use? How hard do you run it? And what kind of blade and edge geometry do you use?

What kind of steel do you use? How hard do you run it? And what kind of blade and edge geometry do you use?
Looks like he's preparing to offer some up so great questions.
I would add: Do you make sheaths for them as well? I can't remember if there were sheaths in the pics.

Thanks, for my bushcraft knives I use O1 toolsteel, hardened to 58/59hrc, a bit depending on the wishes of a client. I have a Wilson Rockwell hardness tester, so I can temper it down to the right hardness.

The bushcraft knives have a 25 degree scandi grind (total angle) and the other knives have full flat grinds with a small secondary bevel.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'd be happy to answer it.

Cheers Mark

Back