1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Some Imperial "Sportsmens" Fixed Blade Knives and Imperial Kamp Kings.

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Larry303, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    For those interested some photos of older Imperial Imitation Stag Head handled Fixed blades and folders and some variations. Also some Imperial Knife Company Inc. Kamp King folders.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    more photos....

Attached Files:

3. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I had a set with the sheath that held that fixed blade and folder. It also came with an axe. I still have the axe, cant find the other two.

4. ky40601

ky40601

Mar 19, 2008
    Larry,

Nice ones.

Here's the only Imperials I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jackie [​IMG]

5. Hinterland

Hinterland

Nov 9, 2007
    The Kamp King was my first knife. My dad gave it to me. I thought it was just about the coolest thing anybody could ever own. Too cool, great pics. I'll have to track one of those down some day.

6. Eyegor

Eyegor

Feb 22, 2006
    I still have my imperial w/ sheath (mine didn't come with a folder) but I've long ago lost the hatchet that came paired with it. I'm holding out hope that it is buried somewhere in my Dad's house.

7. Trent Rock

Trent Rock

Jun 29, 2007
    LOL
    I found my dad's old True Temper Tomahawk hatchet buried under a pile of tools at my mom's house :thumbup:
    I still say for the price===>
    Imperial Sportsmens are a GREAT deal

8. linkelric362

linkelric362

Sep 11, 2011
    I just recently found one with the moose head handle but don't much care for the plastic handle

9. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Some older Imperials...photos to discuss/enjoy...Hoo Roo

10. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I found my knife but the Kamp King pocet knife was missing . I picked one up at an antique store .[​IMG]

11. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Just re-birthing a thread I previously posted on older Imperials 'Sportsmans Knives' including Kamp Kings....these knives would have been the first introduction to knives for many younger folk who are established knife collectors today....submitted for info and because I like looking at older USA made knives..Hoo Roo

12. et10

et10

May 18, 2010
    Larry, is there a model number for the fixed blade on the far right of your first picture on both posts? I've had one of those for years, think I paid about a quarter for it at a yard sale, without a sheath. The tang stamp is just "Imperial (with crown over the "I") over USA, on a 4 3/4" blade. That stamp doesn't show up on the published list of Imperial tang stamps. Are the handle scales on that bone or some kind of plastic? I can't even find many pictures of one like it on the internet, much less any information about it. Thanks.

13. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    G'day et10, the handles are imitation bone...that is plastic/Delrin.....they were mass produced cheap 'low end' knives...their sheaths were also imitation....fulfilled a need as possibly a kids first cheap knife introduction....Larry lrv has Imperial catalogues on his website which indicates the years produced....Hoo Roo

14. et10

et10

May 18, 2010
    Thanks, Larry. For a cheap knife it takes a pretty good edge. I don't really use it, so no telling how the edge would actually hold up. Guess some future family member will find it in a drawer and sell it a yard sale with the rest of my treasures (or "stuff", as my wife says) after I'm gone.

15. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    lol.....when I got to my 2500th knife my wife kept asking me why I needed more than two knives when I only had two hands.....I said to her does a stamp collector only have two stamps in their album?......have divested myself of a lot of my knives in recent years however...we are all only temporary custodians and decent 'collector' knives need to be kept in a stable environment....Hoo Roo

Codger_64 likes this.
  16. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Another previous post that has initial photos...that have not been wiped by Admin....if interested, look while you still can....Hoo Roo