Some Imperial "Sportsmens" Fixed Blade Knives and Imperial Kamp Kings.

For those interested some photos of older Imperial Imitation Stag Head handled Fixed blades and folders and some variations. Also some Imperial Knife Company Inc. Kamp King folders.

Attachments

• P6080016.jpg
    P6080016.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 63
  • P6080020.jpg
    P6080020.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P6080037.jpg
    P6080037.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P6080017.jpg
    P6080017.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P6080021.jpg
    P6080021.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
more photos....

Attachments

• P6080016.jpg
    P6080016.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P6080024.jpg
    P6080024.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P6080021.jpg
    P6080021.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 19
I had a set with the sheath that held that fixed blade and folder. It also came with an axe. I still have the axe, cant find the other two.

Larry,

Nice ones.

Here's the only Imperials I have.
XXImperialKampKingCombo1946-56cb.jpg

XXImperialKampKingCombo1946-56ca-1.jpg

Jackie
Civil_war_generalab-1-1.gif

The Kamp King was my first knife. My dad gave it to me. I thought it was just about the coolest thing anybody could ever own. Too cool, great pics. I'll have to track one of those down some day.

I had a set with the sheath that held that fixed blade and folder. It also came with an axe. I still have the axe, cant find the other two.

I still have my imperial w/ sheath (mine didn't come with a folder) but I've long ago lost the hatchet that came paired with it. I'm holding out hope that it is buried somewhere in my Dad's house.

I still have my imperial w/ sheath (mine didn't come with a folder) but I've long ago lost the hatchet that came paired with it. I'm holding out hope that it is buried somewhere in my Dad's house.
LOL
I found my dad's old True Temper Tomahawk hatchet buried under a pile of tools at my mom's house :thumbup:
I still say for the price===>
Imperial Sportsmens are a GREAT deal

I found my knife but the Kamp King pocet knife was missing . I picked one up at an antique store .

Just re-birthing a thread I previously posted on older Imperials 'Sportsmans Knives' including Kamp Kings....these knives would have been the first introduction to knives for many younger folk who are established knife collectors today....submitted for info and because I like looking at older USA made knives..Hoo Roo

Larry, is there a model number for the fixed blade on the far right of your first picture on both posts? I've had one of those for years, think I paid about a quarter for it at a yard sale, without a sheath. The tang stamp is just "Imperial (with crown over the "I") over USA, on a 4 3/4" blade. That stamp doesn't show up on the published list of Imperial tang stamps. Are the handle scales on that bone or some kind of plastic? I can't even find many pictures of one like it on the internet, much less any information about it. Thanks.

G'day et10, the handles are imitation bone...that is plastic/Delrin.....they were mass produced cheap 'low end' knives...their sheaths were also imitation....fulfilled a need as possibly a kids first cheap knife introduction....Larry lrv has Imperial catalogues on his website which indicates the years produced....Hoo Roo

Thanks, Larry. For a cheap knife it takes a pretty good edge. I don't really use it, so no telling how the edge would actually hold up. Guess some future family member will find it in a drawer and sell it a yard sale with the rest of my treasures (or "stuff", as my wife says) after I'm gone.

lol.....when I got to my 2500th knife my wife kept asking me why I needed more than two knives when I only had two hands.....I said to her does a stamp collector only have two stamps in their album?......have divested myself of a lot of my knives in recent years however...we are all only temporary custodians and decent 'collector' knives need to be kept in a stable environment....Hoo Roo

Another previous post that has initial photos...that have not been wiped by Admin....if interested, look while you still can....Hoo Roo

Back