Some Imperial/Ulster/Schrade/Walden Tickler Fish Knives.

Some nice "Tickler" fish knives by Imperial,Ulster,Schrade and Schrade Walden...sometimes called "Texas Toothpicks","Powder Horns" etc these fish knife versions generally feature the blade plus combined fish scaler, fish disgorger and bottle opener...some also have hook sharpeners <small sharpener stones mounted on the handle>..some Imperials added can openers as well and one example of Imperial also has a working compass in the handle.<in case you get lost at sea?>...there is also a staglon handle 'clunker' and a large Imperial 'Fish Master' "Veri Sharp" Stainless scaler and filleting serrated knife which dismantles..the design which they patented <D-183392>...photos of examples of the above knives......I still use a Schrade Walden 'tickler' for cutting my fishing line etc when rigging my hooks/tackle..always conveniently in my pocket on boat..I am yet to use the hook disgorger however, as I have larger apparatus for that..I have always found the myriad of colors they came in attractive to collect....Hoo Roo

Attachments

• P9210001.jpg
    P9210001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 80
  • P9210003.jpg
    P9210003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
  • P9210002.jpg
    P9210002.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 81
  • P9210010.jpg
    P9210010.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P9210005.jpg
    P9210005.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
few more photos...

Attachments

• P9210006.jpg
    P9210006.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P9210004.jpg
    P9210004.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 29
  • P9210013.jpg
    P9210013.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 33
...just bumping this thread up showing the celluloid handle versions similar to Eric's beautiful rosewood example...several of these have the can piercers and also the hook sharpeners on the handles..one even has a compass set into the handle....I carry a Schrade Walden tickler every time I go fishing...hooks are not dear to buy so never used the sharpener...what if you get the wrong angle like sharpening a blade....?

my one and only ,

SWFish.jpg

SWFishTang.jpg

Just bringing up my post showing the various styles of Tickler Fish knives by the Schrade Family during the years...for newbie collector interest.....Hoo Roo

Yea! A fish knife thread. Thanks for posting, Larry! You have a few I'm not familar with. If not too much trouble I would like to see and know more about the Ulster SS94. Another Schrade knife that I'm interested in is one that I believe is 5" or shorter and is a single blade toothpick style with fish scaler scallops on the spine of the blade. (not the bone handled Fisherman's Pride or G. Schrade H&F) If anyone has a picture and/or information on that one I would appreciate seeing it. I had a picture of one but I can't find it now and it's driving me nuts.

This is my 850 Old Lunker with the SW shield. I have the one with the fish shield too but the only pic I have now is too funky to bother posting.
30u4ox4.jpg

My recent aquisition, Ulster 208 SS Fisherman's Pride and sheath.
x3t6r.jpg

2zebk9h.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the Ulster SS95. Same as the 94 except added can piercer. This one has the same kind of leather sheath as Saddlebum's Ulster, but no embossed fishy. This one is new and is available.

14bns74.jpg

Here is the Ulster SS95. Same as the 94 except added can piercer. This one has the same kind of leather sheath as Saddlebum's Ulster, but no embossed fishy. This one is new and is available.

14bns74.jpg

Pretty interesting and the first one I've seen (or noticed). Are the handles celluloid or derlin? They look like solid derlin or something similar.

Hi Saddlebum --

The knife you list as a Model 850 is actually a Model 209 - one of my favorites
You're showing the less common version with the Schrade Walden shield and
Was originally sold with or without a sheath in '72-'73

Herman Williams did a 'Marion Makeover' (my terminology) on one a while back WOW!!
Sadly, I was outbid at the end of the auction Grrrrrrrrr
Anyone out there win that one and care to show?

Thanks for all of your efforts in posting and passing along Schrade history!! :thumbup:
You help keep Schrade collecting fun

-- Howie

Hi Saddlebum --

The knife you list as a Model 850 is actually a Model 209 - one of my favorites
You're showing the less common version with the Schrade Walden shield and
Was originally sold with or without a sheath in '72-'73

There does seem to be some confusion about the model number for the staglon knife, and even the name "Old Lunker". I have seen other Schrade knives and even other brand knives and types refered to by the same name. But I don't think it is a 209 simply because the 209 is listed as a 5.5" knife and mine is 5" with the swedged blade. I can't say where the 850 number comes from other than whenever I have seen a number attached to it, it was 850. I've tried to score one with a sheath but there is always something seriously wrong with the knife so I passed on them.

The 2nd and 4th paragraphs of this post only add to my confusion on the matter. Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/292281-The-Rarest-Of-The-Rare

Last edited:
Re-birthed to stimulate further Forum discussions and hopefully more photos of collections....Hoo Roo

Back