1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Some new Benchmades just dropped!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Codswallop, Jan 3, 2019.

1. godzilla78

godzilla78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    ^ Ahh I forgot about the M4 aspect.

2. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    3.7" is correct.

kickert likes this.
  3. SharpieB

SharpieB Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Just saw that. Crazy. Damasteel and nice scales aren’t worth an extra $500 IMO.

YMMV.

isolod and jeepin like this.
  4. SharpieB

SharpieB Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2017
    The Aller Friction Folder is really cool though!

5. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    None of these offers are appealing enough for me to buy, but I have to admit the 380 Aller is pretty cool (and pretty pricey) and I like seeing the two blade knife. I hope that feature catches on, it could be interesting to have a two-bladed knife (serrated and other), preferably on coming from opposing ends.

I'm not unhappy that nothing is jumping out at me... 2018 was an expensive knife year and Benchmade took their share from me already.

hd-bagger likes this.
  6. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Posting this before I've read through the thread so far, but I like the addition of an M4 Freek model as well as the colour choice and the handle materials (in fact, this combo may just force me to pick one up this coming year to keep my M4 Stryker company). While the Bugout is pricey it does look good imho; it's nice to see it getting some extra attention - although I'll likely just stick the with 535GRY-1 I swapped into some titanium scales that I already have for a fraction of the price. Also cool to see the Fact get a very nice looking change of clothes for the Shot Show model. I really liked mine when I had it, but it just wasn't practical for my uses. Depending on the finish of the silver twill G10, it could be an even better EDC option over the original model with its more aggresively textured aluminum handle. I'm also kind of partial to the Turret; somone like my dad would probably be be head over heels for a beefy AXIS lock knife with styling like that. The fricition folder also looks like it'd be a nice travel companion.

Overall, pretty happy with what I've seen so far.

7. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    The Turret looks like a Walmart knife and is very heavy, pass.

New Freek looks good, the little midget folder thing is a shameless copy of the Spyderco Squarehead but to each their own.

8. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Not exactly sure what that means, but good thing "looks" are subjective. Not saying I'm a huge fan, but would rather get one in my hand before I decide, since I'm not really worried about impressing someone as much as I am concerned with actual USE of the tool. G10 and S30V "looks" pretty usable to me. Some contouring and texturing... Will see what it feels like before judging the book by its cover.

lovescamaros and John_0917 like this.
  9. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Yeah I agree and I’ll hold one when I see it, first glance doesn’t seem interesting, we will see.

G10/S30V at $190 is steep.

10. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Yeah, it is! But in line with BM pricing, unfortunately... Now, if every piece came out centered and evenly ground (on BOTH sides), I wouldn't mind the price as much.

Cypress and kickert like this.
  11. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE

Sep 17, 2006
    I wonder what's different about the axis lock on the Turret

12. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    If Benchmade releases either or both of these knives in G-10, they will get my money for sure. So using 940 nomenclature, they would be the 560-2, and 535-2. :)

jazub likes this.
  13. bachman44

bachman44 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2018
    I love the shape and size of the Freek but don't care for the texture so I just placed a pre order for the m4 Freek. I'm excited about this one.

Peakbagger46 likes this.
  14. bachman44

bachman44 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2018
    I had the same thought. Gotta be just a bit thicker which is why the knife is pretty heavy. Similair to the loco? Which is what the Turret is probably replacing.

15. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    I like the Turret and the G10 Freek. I wish they would give an uncoated M4 Blade a shot though. Spyderco does it without any problems.

16. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I actually like the way the Turret looks. The Outlast seems really interesting, but it's gonna be hard for me to drop $250 out of curiosity. The Aller looks like an upscale version of the mini-folder multitools that seem to keep popping up. For me, personally, those have to be budget priced to stoke my interest, as I feel their utility is pretty sharply limited by their size.

TiHawk60 likes this.
  17. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    The Turret looks like the Rift and the Presidio II had a love child.

Also, I cannot wait for that M4 Freek. I still haven't gotten to try M4 and I think the design of the Freek deserves these updated materials.