Some new ideas for HI

The top one and the one on the very bottom are simply gorgeous!

Are they in your collection? I would really love to get my hands on either of those...

sadly, no. found them on line via googling 'corvo chileno', expecting the std. military type like this:
YCATYNPU9CADLQTN4CAXIVWOMCA9Q87I6CA9TG0EMCA3Q1GHVCAZ30L6PCAR43JK6CANKAXT6CA71532BCAMA9J5JCAJ5AXJDCAKAGVG6CACWDA01CAQ326ZUCAE2W94MCA3MDCC8CAETVUL7.gif

thought we should have a picture to illustrate what a corvo was for the rest of the troops....

also found this 'villager'
FCA9WQCT6CAXT1NXZCAVG8942CA5NSANBCAPBU41GCAL29586CAMZGW95CA5JKH0KCAMU40TYCA5PR6RHCA88C362CAFL73WHCA8F7MTZCACXHYI0CAW02YRUCA27U6M3CAWWUJCWCABHKEH6.gif

p.s. - corvus in latin means 'raven', used specifically for the boarding ramp at the front of a punic era roman fighting galley with it's beak-like hook at the front.

p.p.s. - that last, 'villager', made me think that an all steel socketed version that looked like that might be interesting.

Last edited:
P1010916.jpg

I love the Gerber Prodigy's design, but the company uses shoddy construction materials. I was thinking that it would make a sweet belt knife to go with a white horn Salyan just like the one in the missing catalog. So here it is. Yangdu, if this is at all a possibility, I'd love a quote.

I give you the Snow Leopard-5 inch .175 inch thick blade with polished black horn handles and nickel silver bolsters with black embossed snowflake and snow leopard track. A black stitched leather sheath with a simple carved mountain range.

P1010914.jpg

the HI Musk Ox Mountain Bowie, a beefy utility belt knife with a .175 inch thick blade, rough forged finish and typical beautifully convexed grind, with a checkered handle. I thought this wouldn't be too hard to make, and would be a sweet companion knife for the more working quality khukri speciens out there, like the Ang Kholas and WWII's.

FYI, there is/was a Snow Leopard Khukuri among the Zoomorphs for a while back in the day. Ad Astra has one (that I'd like to have for my collection). It was an alternate "Cat"... the one I have n my older set is Biralo, which means "Cat" (Ad Astra wants mine for HIS collection :)) So essentially, a set f Zoomorphic Khukuris consists of the following:

Garud: "The Big Bird of Nepal" is how Yangdu likes to describe Garud. :)
Hanuman: The Monkey God
Biralo: Either your basic cat, Biralo, or one of the two rarer ones, a Snow Leopard or a Tiger.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread... :D

Boohoo... the name is already taken? Man and here I thought I was being all original... Ah well. I still want one :)

I have recently become interested in the swords of the American Revolution. I think it would be fantastic if HI made some hangers, spadroons or cuttoes. They are all very simple swords with simple guards.
!Bp7dHcgBGk~$(KGrHqUH-DUEu,)5Hec4BLthVe)VUQ~~_3.JPG

!Bp7dKBQ!2k~$(KGrHqUH-EUEub,,GIVfBLthVmD96w~~_3.JPG

hunting%20sword%201120091.jpg

hunting%20sword%201120092.jpg

cuttoe071.jpg

cuttoe072.jpg

Back