Some of my work.

Ken C.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Staff member
Super Mod
Here are a few pics of some sheaths I have done in the past. Right now I don't have anything on my plate as far as work goes and I'm ok with that. I have too many other hobbies that need my attention. :) Anyway...I'll build them as I need them for myself.

You can view my gallery here.

I like the new gallery!

Nice work there Ken, good design philosophy.

What finishes do you use?

What finishes do you use?

I use the Fleibing's Atom Wax. One coat and a light buff out for a matte finish and a second coat with high buff for a high gloss (I hate high gloss). I use manilla envelopes to design the layout of the sheath and a dye before I glue. It takes a little bit longet to get things done but it pays off in the end. The less glue on the leather the better.

I haven't done a sheath in a while. I lost alot of material and supplies when my basement flooded. I also lost $400 worth of leather when the UPS guy left it out in the rain. Hopefully seeing everyone else's work will inspire me to get back in it.

For those of you who are interested I do have a website.....

www.firebrandleather.com

I haven't updated it in a while. :eek:

Ah, Atom Wax is my preferred finish as well, its so versitile and allows the end user to use his/her favorite conditioner. Your right on spot about dying before gluing, it solves so many potential problems.

Back