Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get yourself so worked up over nothing, Hardheart. If you can't take a step back and think about this casually, you're just going to land this in W&C and give yourself an ulcer.

EDIT: I see you deleted your post. If you're embarrassed about it, I can delete it from here as well. Let me know what you'd like.

Please discuss the topic and not each other.

Radioactive, from my time here at bfc and at other knife forums, I'd say the percentage of knuts with some sort of "persecution" complex is pretty small. You'll always have a few who think strapping on the latest Super Badass Ninja Covert De-animation Combat Shiv makes them gods walking among the great unwashed masses of sheep, but most people on these forums are just regular people who like knives. I think you're reading way too much into the "sheeple" comments that one frequently encounters here. I see 99% of it as just part of the camaraderie that naturally exists between people with common interests. I'm sure other groups of enthusiasts have names for people who aren't part of their little circle, whether their common interest is stamp collecting, boating, antique cars, gardening, or whatever. I don't hate or feel persecuted by or feel superior to people who don't share my interests. They're perfectly free to pursue their own interests and not give a damn about mine. That's fine. I truly don't care. The only time I take exception is when a person not only doesn't share my interests, but also wants to deprive me of the ability to enjoy them (anti-gun and anti-knife organizations, for example), but that's a different topic. You've brought up an interesting topic for sure, but I don't share your apparent view that feelings of persecution or superiority are common among us knuts. Perhaps I'm too close to the trees to see the forest, but I honestly just don't see it. :confused:

The OP isn't trying to discredit people for being prideful, having usage, or discredit the practicality of a knife on a daily basis.
What he (or she) IS doing is making a statement regarding those who completely take it to an extreme to complain about people who don't feel the need to be resourceful, prepared with a knife. It isn't about being careless or even saying anything negative about placing value on knives... (Obviously, they're here, in a knife forum)...

I get you Radio,even if other's are too emotionally involved to get it.

I think the OP has fled the scene, or he doesn't want to answer questions asked.

I wish some of you wouldn't get so worked up over his post.
He just doesn't realize every man needs to carry a knife(and most all do) whether they're a knifenut or not.

You're probably right Kenny. We've seen these threads where the OP drops a bomb then doesn't stick around. Does not make for much meaningful discussion.

Some of you seem to have trouble grasping the concept of civil discussion and discussing the topic instead of each other. The type of things being posted now are not conducive to continuing discussion...

Discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back