Some old becker history.

I came across this great old article about Ethan at the camillus bankruptcy auction. Definitely worth a read and a share.

View attachment 742931

Now I know that some of the mods (especially bladite) are sitting on a bunch of old articles and reviews from not only the camillus days, but way back to blackjack and even the cincin era. I've seen a bunch of great becker history posted here, but we've lost so much with photobucket taking a dump on us.

So guys, post up anything you got (that means you bladite). Any old adds, articles, photo, idk lets attempt to keep the history alive.
I'll post my stuff up soon. However, I stole most of my stuff from bladite so I'll give him the chance first.

Hey guys, I don't know if it is widely known here, but there is a way to see the old photobucket pictures that up to now have been lost. You can run the Chrome browser by Google, and apply this patch.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... 6768501086
You should then see all the old pictures instead of that ugly meter icon they put up.
You need to browse using Chrome and it will automatically display the pictures after you install the patch.
Here is one for the Firefox and Mozilla browser users.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ucket-fix/

sharing? hey, that stuff is copyrighted ;)

a while back, Ethan sent me the mother load of documents. i got to keep about half, and the rest are archived for the generations. scanned them all using latest highrez for the time. stored and backed up all over.

it took me a while to realize that some of the literature was ... you know, wildly real...

the parkerized warriors? it's there, but you think it's just a silhouette at first... nope, that's the actual. subtle...

also the very early and prototype divtuls? it's there. course, you'd never SEE one in the wild. in a box at Ethan's :D

001-L.jpg

IMG_3045-X3.jpg

Its about time mr. king of literature showed up. :D
I was getting worried I was gonna have to post all his own stuff for him.

actually... i must've missed this comment.

feel free to repost links of things i posted, but don't copy my stuff, and repost it as yours, without written permission. you clearly did not read the terms and conditions on my photoblog. that's not cool. mine, mine and mine.

please take down all copies, everywhere. you can replace with original links. i claim copyright on all my photoblog materials, in whole and in part, esp as i've spent countless hours collecting the original materials, and scanning them myself, with recompense.

i do not grant permission for reprints, reuse, redistribution, copying, ANYTHING whatsover except direct linking with credits. seriously. i assumed prior use was deep linking. it appears to be copies and attachments. don't do it.

if this is not fixed in 48 hours, i will fix it myself.

Last edited:
'It's a gallery of stuff, how fancy is that?

Please make comments in photos, name the nouns, suggest things, haikus, it's a social phenomenon!

Of course, as well, it's a gallery of copyrighted stuff all rights reserved, you betcha. Don't let that stop you from linking, making personal use copies and prints, however, try to adhere to some basic photographic use guidelines! Please respect this.

o Credit where credit is due, yes? My name in lights:
Pictures by Perspicuity Photos (Joe G)

o If you link to me - link back. Please leave a comment on the photo or gallery, and a url/reference also pointing to what you linked to - that way I know you adore me. Don't forget to credit ME! I want my name in National Geographic someday ya know, and how else will they know? :)

o If I took a picture of you, by all means for personal use: make copies, show your friends, make ye prints. Credit me! Leave comments!

o Not in the picture? Well, sure you love it?! For your personal use: make copies, show your friends, make ye prints. It wouldn't hurt to get permission of the people in the photo if you plan on copying the image anywhere public and link back to me. Credit me! Leave comments!

o Any other use not covered yet? Non-personal use? Profit? or Publishing? or Commercial? or Campaigns? or Spidering (this means YOU google especially but not limited to)? or [Bulk] Archiving or Mass copying in any medium/method or other hosting site? or a myriad of others techniques? Then:

Ask. Get permission. Contact me. Reasonable yes? You betcha.

(pssst, like smugmug? get a referral, get a discount!)

[the gnomes made me say it, honestly, i have know idea where they came from, i'm borrowing them (or them me) for the time being]'

If anyone else has pics they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated. (Provided they are your pics or the pics of someone that won't throw a fit if you share them here.)

I think we all would like to see this thread keep going, or perhaps another one made with the same idea.

actually... i must've missed this comment.

feel free to repost links of things i posted, but don't copy my stuff, and repost it as yours, without written permission. you clearly did not read the terms and conditions on my photoblog. that's not cool. mine, mine and mine.

please take down all copies, everywhere. you can replace with original links. i claim copyright on all my photoblog materials, in whole and in part, esp as i've spent countless hours collecting the original materials, and scanning them myself, with recompense.

i do not grant permission for reprints, reuse, redistribution, copying, ANYTHING whatsover except direct linking with credits. seriously. i assumed prior use was deep linking. it appears to be copies and attachments. don't do it.

if this is not fixed in 48 hours, i will fix it myself.

Credit was given. Several times actually, I literally said "All stolen from bladite.", "Everyone thank Bladite for these files."

No big deal. I took everything down.

Wasn't sure if the Machax manual was yours or Doc Canada's, regardless, it's down.

Why don't you post it all up yourself. Everything I got is from old lost threads here on the Becker sub forum.

I'll leave it at this and be done with it. The point of this thread was to keep the Becker history alive...

Last edited:
years ago, someone tried to copy all my work as their own. i got it quietly shut down.

these days, copying a whole website of images is as trivial as drag and drop.

one image? sucks, but hey, but copying a body of work? that crosses lines.

in the photo-journalistic world, if you publish someone else's work as your own, you will find a quick end.

even if you go so far as to "credit someone" in your wholesale copying, i expect you'll get a hurt. i feel my response is mild in comparison.

the basic minimum is to ask permission. in advance. i didn't used to be too sensitive about my acquires, collection, curration, and massaging of my decades of images, i shared it freely. until certain someones some time ago attempted to use it as their own work. that riled me up a bit. now i'm a bit protective. especially in light of the fact, while it disrespects me, it seriously impunes Ethan. i can't have that.

i know a few professional photographers, that have had their work stolen, it's clearly theirs, but they got no credit either. more importantly, they were not asked, and some people thereafter assume things not intended.

Credit was given. Several times actually, I literally said "All stolen from bladite.", "Everyone thank Bladite for these files."

No big deal. I took everything down.

Wasn't sure if the Machax manual was yours or Doc Canada's, regardless, it's down.

Why don't you post it all up yourself. Everything I got is from old lost threads here on the Becker sub forum.

I'll leave it at this and be done with it. The point of this thread was to keep the Becker history alive...

thanks. credit as stolen? no, thanks. you never asked. you copied it, you posted it. deep linking was the only option without asking.

i DID post it. all of it. i don't mind sharing it. but i do mind having it reposted and spread around without knowledge or real credit. there's a process for that in the real. i'm sorry i didn't catch it earlier.

the Becker Database is my last best attempt to keep it alive, but it's sorta hard to keep 30 years of history going, when new models are not exactly happening, and the data is still solid. i could probably use an update, but eh, it's a lot of non-paid work over a collecting career more than half my life, and ... just google it. jeeez. no excuses.

If anyone else has pics they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated. (Provided they are your pics or the pics of someone that won't throw a fit if you share them here.)

I think we all would like to see this thread keep going, or perhaps another one made with the same idea.

if you are implying that i'm throwing a fit, we should talk. this is my lifetime interest, for which i'm not paid, and i'll not have it stolen.

every image was shared freely, however, i do maintain certain rights to those images, in part, and in whole.

the "database", while dated, is still a great starting point. the original "this is the Becker Forum post", is probably buried, but has the original rules, foot print, and all the glory. the only problem, much of that information doesn't apply to the KaBar era, and since i've really not been informed of model changes and whatnot, it's kinda hard to keep that all uptodate these days.

i'm thinking that i might need to put together something more modern, to cover all the gaps, as a lot of people don't seem to be aware of the decades of history anymore, and seem incapable of googling even. good lord :D

It might be wise to put copyright markers on the photos. Otherwise, folks will likely assume they're fair use photos, and the photographer will spend a lot of time angling for control.

In this case, the impetus to re-post seems educationally motivated and not monetary, but I get that Bladite likes to be recognized as a hub of Becker history; he did a lot of work building the databases that people take for granted. Copyright symbols would document that work a little more.

Back