Sal, sometime it's so hard to get email
reply from you
frown.gif

Alan

- Don't sweat the Seki City, its a centuries old centre of bladesmithing
- Matriarch is C12SBK or GY depending on handle colour and a low profile run
- Sal's often busy with that big brain of his cooking up brilliant new knives
smile.gif

When Sal gets tired, it's not due to lack of sleep, but rather, fatigue from lugging that great big brain around all the time.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

Alan

1. We produce knives in Golden, Colorado and in Seki City, Japan.

About 1,000 years ago, the swordmakers of Japan began migrating to the Seki City area in the Gifu mountains. The soil had good iron content, the Nagara and Kiso Rivers provided water, the gentle breezes and warmer climate made conditions ideal for swordmaking. Back then, the swordmakers were discussing carbon migration in molten steel. Theyve been developing that art ever since. We've not found other makers good enough to consistantly make knives to our standards. As you learn more about what makes quality in a knife, you will learn to appreciate our efforts and products more.

Our factory in Golden began about 8 years ago.

2. In the USA, Matriarchs are sold to leo's only.

3. These days' it's impossible to get Email response from me. I've been travelling more than I'ved been home. I have Emails stacked up and waiting since January. We do however have a number of crew and many of them can usually help.

Ferret, Dave. Little brain, just high revs and lots of work.

sal

------------------
"There seems to be an amazing connection between what people do... and what happens to them"

Back