Some random action shots (just 'cuz)

I'm waiting till everyone completely forgets about it... then it will be like a new knife when I come back and finish the thread. ;) Okay, not really :)

It's just a matter of scheduling. It WILL get done. I spent the summer totally remodeling my shop. It's still not quite done... when it is, I'll post pics. That took up a huge amount of my time.

Then I started school in the fall and just haven't had much time out there. Even the time I have had, has not been put on this knife... it's put towards two super long-standing orders... one for Mitch Lum- friend, photographer and creator of my website.... and one for Jim Cooper- friend, photographer and previous owner of my digital camera ;) :D And also a few simple utility knives to keep my small range of skills somewhat intact.

Both Mitch's knife and Jim's are getting closer to completion, and once they're done and posted... I'll be back on track with this thread. :)

These guys wont forget about it Nick. You may just as well show em something.

If you spent the whole summer remodeling you shop it must be a show place! You should take some pictures with the Coop camera and send them to Blade. Heaven knows they could use some fresh material in their magazine. You could write the story of how and why you placed your tools just general info for the readers. Most everybody would enjoy it. Heck it looked great before I cant imagine what it looks like now.

And I thought that your shop was nice then!

The thread is called "Some random action shots (just 'cuz)" not "Some random action shots of a turkish damascus camp knife (just 'cuz)" :D (but we still want to see it!)
So what I was getting at was, how about some shots of your shop? :) (edit, you don't have to, but it may shut me up)

These guys wont forget about it Nick. You may just as well show em something.

Nick, it's not so much that I won't forget, it's just that anyone who really doesn't forget and is curious will post onto this thread and ya know what, ya know what, I get an e-mail reminding me about this thread. So,,,,:jerkit: what was this thread about :confused:

Phillip, don't make me have to bump your pattern welded sword wip thread back up :D

I guess that notice from Fototime saying my subscription was about to run out, wasn't just a bluff. ;)

This thread is a good/ugly example of how easily a person with ADD can get thrown off track... since the knife is still in the same state of progression that it was in 2009.

I've actually had not only the focus, but also the motivation to finish it this year--- but I need/WANT to get my lathe set-up in the new shop so I can make a new finial. And that has been a matter of "logistics." :grumpy:

The WIP in my signature line is far more detailed... except the integral part. :)

... I had a pointless but witty (in spirit) post on a 11 year old post I dug up...but it got locked down :(

I know how you feel, Nick. I've got some 5 or 6 year old projects that are covered in dust laying around as well.

--Nathan

Back