Some SAK love

I'll have to get a pic of mine that doesn't include a modern folder. I carry a Pioneer most days. I love everything about the knife but it is really special to me because my wife and kids got it for me and engraved it. It's a great slicer and offers pure utility with the other tools!

^^ Seriously this is what it's all about. A knife that does basically everything combined with something special!!

Here's a few of my favorites despite that fact that I have way too many Alox Vics. If I had to live with only one knife it would be my Alox Vic Soldier.
A2g7IQ3.jpg

tobjRUHaiGxVMNQNm1CI4X56iflIyRoZtH7FJfLg8KVvfgSW4nMiz8vR4bSxMlluAAR_YiNFKVKgX_EW-6qQB1GImbfnMhkrWElIT_hPFFOcRdMr1Qp2vFPIsfgcIvtO3uRzadE8SwKJFyzYEo-uU_NDC-GYkJRWzfOlEmOZbPD7_-85r_fxwl7FfrX9j5uHjBGfrm4ZLfydFVCfzJPZJtxqUCElcnNZxz7ZOvOr599qDfPOH5UfYfZ5t8azvfHkLTbHaA3sHFg8P8G-eEncs_gjghLHQ51QmQXxtY1yNWEKSc6z9hTZheZrxnqioTNrxA0r4fCvkvTtjK39WfKsSzSCVpADogx_OEyQjv-TC12pjjI_IDxzxy9nT7ugp_wQDDikLLPW281vSU0ots7JIq0NQqGhYb0ExHIjuDt2uOYJoX_v-QCyIF9UIFUMYAyTYO4HJuBSaAFw1s3fk23t-AbXZXCSHu9hbTJezhYGOME7bnH2YAflQDWSBXvgS-OmlyC4z_RuA_oYmB4ROoPDcq7liSplgVvo3rtnM0chW-HeB6fLPyCvvyRPs8kWMgOdPwX5DsXgPQnpQaoOWGF388EVr_RiNgDBLXKxI6DceIJV4x-mWuZCLlcC4ceGPYwYlE6-9Fq_dfq2dkizV5EPyk7RWTpkwfHev7k=w1154-h917-no

This is my current SAK collection. Starting at the top left
My Swiss Champ. This knife goes everywhere with me, except on the rare occasions I have to go through security and it is prohibited.

Next is my old Swiss Champ. I retired this one when I broke the saw blade.

A modified evolution S54. I removed the compass and the fish scaler. I like this knife a lot, but not quite enough to unseat the Swiss Champ from my pocket.

Fieldmaster

Tinker and small Tinker. I consider the tinker tool set to be the minimum acceptable for me to carry.

Evolution S111. The same basic tools as the tinkers, but with locking blades. This one usually lives in my riding gear, so that I don't have to undress down to street clothes if I need a knife.

A Wenger fly fisherman. I found this knife in the trunk of a used car I bought about 3 years ago.

Camper II. This is the cheapest knife I could find with a saw blade. I am considering using it as a donor to replace the broken saw in the Swiss champ.

O.B.

Last edited:
For me it's a Tinker in my pocket at home and a Deluxe Tinker in a belt sheath when I'm out and about.
Rich

Pioneer Settler
Spearpoint and opposing pen blade.
Pioneer%2520Settler%2520-%2520Side.jpg
Thanks for the ID, leghog. I've had that model on my "watch list" for quite a while, but in my infrequent eBay checks, the prices are crazy!! Patience is supposed to be a virtue, though. :)

- GT

No pic but I carry a Pioneer most days, and my Huntsman tags along hiking and at the cottage. The Pioneer has done a lot of food prep and cleaned a coupla Squirrels I shot. Stainless cleans up easily and no gore can get under handle covers. Bought a Case Trapper recently to compliment it on a belt sheath for big slicing and general eye candy.

But generally I find it impossible to go with a non-SAK only. Having a few basic tools with my knife, in a slim design, has proven way too useful.

Back