Some SAK love

a2d4li.jpg

Love the Old Cross knives! I keep looking for one but they are either beat to death or a bit over priced for my taste.

Either this blue Alox Cadet or the silver one is always with me, no matter what other blade I'm carrying. I have a red one too, but my wife claimed it for her purse.
IMG_0675-X3.jpg
I like the Cadet, it's a perfect size. If they'd make one with a punch instead of the grooming tool, I'd own several.

I like the Cadet, it's a perfect size. If they'd make one with a punch instead of the grooming tool, I'd own several.

I like the grooming tool because the tip of the file is perfect for tightening/loosening those very small Phillips head screws found on things like electronics, etc. Just like the tip of the can opener is good for regular size Phillips & small standard screw heads.

Have you considered the Pioneer? It’s just a tad larger but comes with the punch.
I was thinking of trying the Pioneer.
I had a Cadet and thought it was the perfect size. But I gave it away because of the nail file.
I have an Electrician, but find it a little big for the watch pocket. I carry it in a slip but it hardly ever gets carried.
Maybe the Pioneer will be the happy medium. After I get my Pemberton, I'll look into setting some funds aside to try one out.

I like the grooming tool because the tip of the file is perfect for tightening/loosening those very small Phillips head screws found on things like electronics, etc. Just like the tip of the can opener is good for regular size Phillips & small standard screw heads.
I hadn't thought about that use for the nail file. I just couldn't get past the thought of them not putting a punch or a philips on there instead.

I have almost always carried a case or buck stockman. I'd never used a sak much until I picked up an alox electrician. A pioneer,cadet, tinker, and a recruit are on my list right now. I just received a used sd and it is on my keychain right now. Case knives are pretty,but it seems the steel just isn't what it once was on them. Sak has replaced case as my traditional . I just hadn't ever considered them before I began to read here about them

Love the Old Cross knives! I keep looking for one but they are either beat to death or a bit over priced for my taste.

Yes you're right, the old crosses are at very high prices, but you have to keep looking...;):thumbsup:

Reactions: 315
SAK love??? Five or six years ago I put a Vic Classic on my key-chain and haven't left home without one since. If I'm wearing pants, in the RFP is a SAK which will accompany me all day, nearly every day. Love???... maybe, but one could accurately say, I definitely have a strong appreciation for the quality and usefulness of SAKs and want one nearby whenever possible. Love???... probably! ;):D

Today's RFP Combo; Hiker and Possum Skinner :thumbsup::thumbsup:
9WbG3L0.jpg

Hey Scott, if you ever wanna get rid of that lime green one in the first pic, lemme know! Very nice grouping. :thumbsup:

Back