Some SAK love

Soldier knife from 1952

KF1cmo4.jpg

b0zDQw9.jpg

Last edited:
A Tale of Two SAKs....
I ordered a Climber from a big etailer on the 5th with free second day shipping. It never was delivered (the etailer's tracking indicated the shipment was delayed and may be lost. I called their customer support and a no charge reorder was made. The second order was not delivered. Tracking the package indicated a delivery was attempted, but the building was closed. I contacted customer support again. This repeated every day until the 14th. Tracking indicated that an attempt to deliver both the original and the replacement orders, but the building was closed. I have no idea where the deliveries were attempted, but it wasn't at my house. Contacted customer support. They were very apologetic and gave me a five dollar credit for my inconvenience. Received an email later that the delivery was scheduled the next day. This morning both the lost knife and the replacement were delivered. I was told to keep the second knife at no charge.

40152600963_8ff074b8d4_c.jpg

Mike

A Tale of Two SAKs....
I ordered a Climber from a big etailer on the 5th with free second day shipping. It never was delivered (the etailer's tracking indicated the shipment was delayed and may be lost. I called their customer support and a no charge reorder was made. The second order was not delivered. Tracking the package indicated a delivery was attempted, but the building was closed. I contacted customer support again. This repeated every day until the 14th. Tracking indicated that an attempt to deliver both the original and the replacement orders, but the building was closed. I have no idea where the deliveries were attempted, but it wasn't at my house. Contacted customer support. They were very apologetic and gave me a five dollar credit for my inconvenience. Received an email later that the delivery was scheduled the next day. This morning both the lost knife and the replacement were delivered. I was told to keep the second knife at no charge.

Mike

Always good to have a spare, or one to leave in your vehicle:thumbsup:

Soldier knife from 1952

KF1cmo4.jpg

b0zDQw9.jpg

I’d love to find an old Soldier in that condition. I see a few on an auction site from time to time but nothing like that one. An Old Cross is also on my short list. Great looking examples you have there!!

This is only the third time I’ve posted my new Farmer today, but I figured it’ll help move this thread back up...
B91-F8-FFE-58-D2-4-C78-9-BE7-A1-FC092-FB9-D6.jpg

I’d love to find an old Soldier in that condition. I see a few on an auction site from time to time but nothing like that one. An Old Cross is also on my short list. Great looking examples you have there!!

This is only the third time I’ve posted my new Farmer today, but I figured it’ll help move this thread back up...
B91-F8-FFE-58-D2-4-C78-9-BE7-A1-FC092-FB9-D6.jpg
Thank you very much, keep watching, they show up from time to time at good condition at reasonable prices...This is my latest catch, a Dutch Army Knife from 1987
bqU0HGz.jpg

You don't hear about this one much from me. I guess I just take it for granted. My mother purchased this Cybertool 34 for me back in 2000, when they first hit the market. It was a gift to celebrate getting my first professional IT job, the same position that I still currently hold. This Cybertool has sat at my desk with me for almost 20 years years, being used for odd jobs every single day. The only thing that's ever been lost on it is a philips head bit, which was promptly replaced. All the other parts are still with it. With a little luck, I'll bring it home with me ten years from now, when we both retire. To say that is knife has been invaluable to me would be a gross understatement. It's been a career long companion.

oFDgMKch.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oFDgMKch.jpg

A Tale of Two SAKs....

Mike
I just received an email stating that I need to return the second knife or I will be charged for it. I'll probably keep it.
Mike

Back