Some SAK love

next best clam shell killer cutter
psWOHJT.jpg
Yes!!!!
Larry would have killed for either:)

Thanks Will Will Power Will Power but I see it in the description as the edge on some of the large blades so I’m guessing it’s some kind of hybrid between a plain and serrated edge but as to the purpose I’m stumped.

Thanks Will Will Power Will Power but I see it in the description as the edge on some of the large blades so I’m guessing it’s some kind of hybrid between a plain and serrated edge but as to the purpose I’m stumped.
Alan, here's what I found as part of the Amazon "Product Description" for a 10.25" Vicotorinox Bread Knife with a wavy edge:
This bread knife features a wavy-edge blade. A specialty knife with a wide variety of uses, its scalloped-edge teeth can cut through harder crusts or peel without squashing tender insides. The specially designed wavy edge provides 40 percent more cutting edge in contact with the product than with a traditional plain-edge knife. The edge requires no sharpening, so is ideal for fast-food outlets, busy canteens, and restaurants. All high-quality cutlery and kitchen tools should be washed by hand for best care, and Victorinox covers each piece with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.

- GT

Whilst we're on the subject of Death To Clamshells...I'd say this SAK Pruner is THE best :cool: just nick the tip in and it's like throat popping...:eek::D But with no risk to the knife operator ;) A great blade, wish other knives had these as a secondary.

tc5oppf.jpg
That too is in the league of clam shell evicerater lol. I have to agree with that as a secondary, a useful little tool.

Back