Some SAK love

penknife.jpg

This is my vintage Buffalo Horn scaled Victorinox.
It's overall condition is pretty minty for it's age. I believe both cutting edges are factory original.
The toothpick seems to be made of a natural material, but I don't know for sure what that material actually is. The tweezers are made of all metal, no plastic pull cap.
Not bad, especially since I think I only paid like $4 for it at the local flea market a few years back 😁

Last edited:
Marvelous Jim!!! Is that new to you?

Last Thursday about an hour before sunrise our power went out. The power company reported the outage was effecting 300,000 homes so I figured we'd be without for a bit.
I grab my Spartan Light and from that moment on, even in the pitch black of a basement with no windows, I was not without light. It came in handy in other ways too; opening packages, slicing tops off water filled milk jugs in order to make indoor plumbing function, as well as helping in lunch and dinner prep.
Power was restored after only 52 hours. Even in that short of time I'm was so glad that I had a handy Victorinox making it possible for me to see my way.
jkFTQAy.jpg

See that little red button, I pushed it countless times in the last two days?!!
YRHuN1s.jpg

Last edited:
Is that new to you?
I’ve had it for maybe 6 months?? I don’t carry it a ton but it is a solid, well built knife! It took me a bit to get one in decent shape for what I figured was a decent price. I would really like to know what they were going for 10-15 years ago, same for the Old Cross Alox knives, which have definitely jumped in price.

Last Thursday about an hour before sunrise our power went out. The power company reported the outage was effecting 300,000 homes so I figured we'd be without for a bit.
I grab my Spartan Light and from that moment on, even in the pitch black of a basement with no windows, I was not without light. It came in handy in other ways too; opening packages, slicing tops off water filled milk jugs in order to make indoor plumbing function, as well as helping in lunch and dinner prep.
Power was restored after only 52 hours. Even in that short of time I'm was so glad that I had a handy Victorinox making it possible for me to see my way.
jkFTQAy.jpg

YRHuN1s.jpg
I like your fob -- it looks like a little glowing lantern of its own! Is the cord yellow or white?

jkFTQAy.jpg

YRHuN1s.jpg
Any guess regarding how many minutes of continuous light the battery would yield?

I’ve had it for maybe 6 months?? I don’t carry it a ton but it is a solid, well built knife! It took me a bit to get one in decent shape for what I figured was a decent price. I would really like to know what they were going for 10-15 years ago, same for the Old Cross Alox knives, which have definitely jumped in price.
It's an interesting and important piece of Vic history and yours looks like a fine example. I'll almost bet that 10 years ago they sold for the avg. price of a knife selling back then. Now they are often offered at crazy high prices, glad you found one, thanks for sharing.
Any guess regarding how many minutes of continuous light the battery would yield?
No sorry, still experimenting with it, hasn't even started to fade yet. If I come to any conclusions I'll likely post them here. My thoughts are; sold by Vic, good chance for decent battery life.

Reactions: 315
I like your fob -- it looks like a little glowing lantern of its own! Is the cord yellow or white?
Thanks, glad you shared that. It's pure white. The second pic is the more accurate of the two regarding fob color. I selected white cord hoping to be able to locate it more easily in the dark but have wondered about my choice since. It is quite visible, affords a good grip and my wife says it looks feminine. For the first two reasons I'm keeping it. :)

No sorry, still experimenting with it, hasn't even started to fade yet. If I come to any conclusions I'll likely post them here. My thoughts are; sold by Vic, good chance for decent battery life.

Thanks. It will be good to learn what you find out. As I age, I find that the 1-AAA flashlight that I carry in my LFP is used at least as frequently as the pocketknife I've long carried in my RFP. The flashlight puts out up to 170 lumens and there's no way the Victorinox can approach that but, for many uses, I don't need that much illumination. (I'd have never guessed anything would rival the daily utility of my pocketknife but, as I've said..."as I age"!)

Back