Some SAK love

Has anyone ever seen another Wenger like this one? It's gotta be old, Wenger Tahara wasn't around for that long. I've looked but am unable to find another like it.

19b6gj.jpg

The cosmic joke with all my assorted emergency this's and back up that's, is that I will end up with a Pioneer or Farmer when in a jam. It is a rare day when I don't have one or the other on me.

The cosmic joke with all my assorted emergency this's and back up that's, is that I will end up with a Pioneer or Farmer when in a jam. It is a rare day when I don't have one or the other on me.

Yep, they're a good compromise as far as tools vs size. Not too thick with numerous layers. Very high quality and they even look cool too! :thumbup:

Then it must be a universal joke, because I've fallen that way as well. In spite of my stockman, peanut, and other knives I profess to love, when a trip comes up, Its my old war horse Wenger SI that goes along. Liker ha ring a gun collection of all the latest whiz bang black guns, but when something goes bump in the night, you grab the old 1911 and 12 gauge coach gun.

Maybe it's just something about the alox!

This Pioneer has become by far my most carried\used pocket knife. Oddly enough, I started off never using the awl and now I use it constantly. Just got back from camping with the family and this combo got me through just fine. Edit: Also really enjoy using the Pioneer more after using the dremel to take off the keyring hump. Much more ergonomic and I haven't missed having a lanyard on it too badly.
image by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Last edited:

I apologize for the flood of photos here but I would appreciate it if someone here more knowledgeable than me could place a date on this Swiss army knife. This knife is slightly shorter than the standard (93 mm I think it was or 3.6 inch) swiss knives. It has all the tools that a Spartan would have save for the toothpick and tweezers. What makes it special is the main and secondary blade. The marking on the main says "SULZER", I have no idea if this is a company's name or a person's or what, but it was kind of hard to photograph. The secondary blade is awesome because it's a clip point instead of the usual pen. The tang says Rostfrei which is really cool and on the other side it says Victoria and has some sort of eye (?) symbol. Also, check out the cool old box that it came in. I felt lucky when I found it at the antique store. Thanks

Back