Some SAK love

hPMiAyq.jpg

- GT

I had 8 SAK's before this weekend, but left one with my stepson after a visit and have another pair going out to a friend and his sister that I grew up with. He said she won't carry a knife for EDC so I posited that she would if it were a gift from a childhood friend. Add the cool factor that as kids a "real Swiss Army Knife" was a major cool status symbol. Even back then we knew the cheap knockoffs were nothing to show off ;)

HST, that is a FANTASTIC eclipse photo of a really cool SAK!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
I keep looking at those Warthog, etc. SAKs, but haven't succumbed so far. :rolleyes:

- GT

Reactions: HST
when I just started collecting and using various knives I thought these knives are nothing special.My uncle gifted me Wenger sak and along the way I bought few more victorinox and Wenger's and used them to cut various stuff and used tools to fix many things when traveling.these knives are excellent and more useful than 99%of tactical knives.I own classic alox,pioneer alox,huntsman,alpineer,recruit and one Wenger that I'm not sure of model.will be buying more of these as they never let me down and are excellent value for price!

I keep looking at those Warthog, etc. SAKs, but haven't succumbed so far. :rolleyes:

- GT

There's something about the cover to the configuration. I love my Pioneer, however, I wish it had a Phillips Head. The way the Phillips is on this knife looks like a gun. It's just fits so well! Now that I'm 'older,' I appreciate the tweezers and toothpick.

IMG_0112.JPG

Sak's cut way better than most knives on market And are easy to get sharp,and they hold decent edge.they can be resharpened basically on anything.Victorinox steel in my opinion is excellent ,and now I mostly use victorinox boning and paring knives at home ,and my edc is spartan on my keychain.Tactical knives that I have do not get almost any use at all.

PS.I just ordered alox money clip sak as I found it on sale.Even little classic SD sak is very useful,before I thought it was good for nothing,and was obsessed with tacticals like spydercos and benchmades,but slowly after reading jackknifes posts about traditionals s tarted using it and liking it along with some of case knives that I find practical too,but swiss army knives are king of edc in my opinion.

My current list of SAKs

Victorinox Swisschamp, original black scales
Victorinox Huntsman lite, translucent red scales
Victorinox Troubleshooter/Marlboro red scales
Victorinox Huntsman white scales
Victorinox Huntsman Glow in the dark scales
Victorinox Alox Farmer Silver
Victorinox Alox Pioneer silver
Victorinox Super Tinker, original Red Scales
Victorinox Climber red scales
Victorinox Timekeeper red scales
Wenger Traveler red scales no scale tools