some thoughts for my fellow makers and a reminder for me

Yesterday I saw a you tube video of a guy unboxing one of my knives, and it struck me that he was so excited. As a maker it's easy to think about how a user uses a knife but it's important to think as much about the users themselves. I bring this up because I know there are some other "young" makers and hobbyists that check in here from time to time. I want to remind them that when they are hand sanding the one scratch that won't come out or are trying to get that plunge just right and are about to say "hell that is good enough" please remember this. There is somebody out their that saved their money for that knife or sacrificed to get that knife, they have been planning and looking forward to getting that knife. They deserve your best effort and the best knife you can make. I have frequently singed my e mails "thank you for your trust" and seeing a new member of the Dogwood family so excited with my knives has reminded me of how true that is, and how much we makers owe our user in return for their trust.

Thank you for your trust

Dan

That is very well put. I don't think any maker could have said it better. Congrats on the sub-forum.
DanCo
Daniel Combs

That is very well put. I don't think any maker could have said it better. Congrats on the sub-forum.
DanCo
Daniel Combs

Thank you Dan. It has been both humbling and exiting to try and play with the big kids

Great post, Dan! Thank you for the reminder and for putting things in the proper perspective.

-Shawn Hatcher

Back