Some Woods Time With A Friend and A Few Beckers (photo Hvy)

The datura pod is cool. Great pics as usual Mist. If I was stuck in the woods with someone I can think of a million poeple a hell of a lot cuter than Gutsy but not many that would be better equipped. Looks like he's learning a lot. Good day indeed!

Great pix as usual, Mist. Damn, that FBF is nice.

-Daizee

Thanks for sharing sir! Awesome pics and looks like a nice adventure putting those Becker beauties to good use!

As always, I enjoyed looking at your pics!

Gonna try to log as much dirt time as possible this year with my little girl. Got her new boots today and we're just waitin' for the snow to melt in the high country!

mmmmmmmmmmmm..............
camp knife.............

oh, yeah - the other pics were cool, too.
:D

thanks mist.

Honestly, I appreciate the fact that you guys put effort into knowing how to use your knives, rather than just fondling them in your mancave dreaming of going out....

That's huge IMHO. Oh, and I want your fiddleback.

Yep, no fondling & conjuring here man :) Well...you can't have mine, but I do know where you can get one of your own ;)

Great pics as always Mist. Looks like you guys had a good time; thanks for sharing.

I've got to echo everyone else: that Fiddleback looks just beautiful. I don't have any of Andy's blades yet and that looks like it may have to be the one! Have you done a review anywhere?

Thanks Boris, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. The Camp Knife is awesome. I've wanted one for the last few years but had to wait a while before I could swing the funds for it. I've done reviews of several of Andy's knives, but haven't done one of the Camp Knife yet. I haven't had it long, and I've been really busy. Here are a few more pics of it though.

12 inches over all
7 inch blade
3/16 O-1 steel
Full-height convex grind w/microbevel edge
Tapered tang
Black on black handle with blue pin stripe (extremely comfortable ergonomics)

DSC_4917.jpg

DSC_4911.jpg

DSC_4916.jpg

DSC_4914.jpg

DSC_4922.jpg

DSC_4928.jpg

DSC_4932.jpg

DSC_4933.jpg

DSC_4935.jpg

DSC_4938.jpg

DSC_4948.jpg

DSC_4953.jpg

Murph , no panty scalps were taken during this event but i'll say i came close at the bbq place we ate at . I'm glad he didn't have his camera on him when we went in there .

Yeah, Missy is something else!

Great stuff mist. It looks mighty damp out there, just like it is over here right now. Those insects that you pulled out of the wood, how could you tell that they were in there? I'd imagine if you pry open every damp log, you probably might not find beetles and larvae in each one... or would you?

Sincerely,
Camping Novice

Thanks man, and yep it's spring here so nice and damp as usual. After a while you get a feel for the visual of the level of decomposition of the log. No, not present in all of them, as Gutsy noticed. The location, as well as types and level of fungi present, are a good things pay attention to.

Some great pics and looks to be a fun time in the woods. Hell what am I saying any time in the woods is fun.

Thanks for sharing.

I work out in the woods, so no...not always fun, but most of the time :)

The datura pod is cool. Great pics as usual Mist. If I was stuck in the woods with someone I can think of a million poeple a hell of a lot cuter than Gutsy but not many that would be better equipped. Looks like he's learning a lot. Good day indeed!

I find the datura plants in general very interesting. I've done a lot of reading on them, and spend a lot of time staring at them. Yeah, for sure he's not the cutest one by far, but good to have along in the woods none the less. I must be getting old, because it was nice not to be the one to have to start the fire for a change :)

Great pix as usual, Mist. Damn, that FBF is nice.

-Daizee

Thanks Daizee, and yes it's VERY nice :)

Thanks for sharing sir! Awesome pics and looks like a nice adventure putting those Becker beauties to good use!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the post!

Great thread as always Mist! :thumbup:

Thanks man, glad you liked it!

As always, I enjoyed looking at your pics!

Gonna try to log as much dirt time as possible this year with my little girl. Got her new boots today and we're just waitin' for the snow to melt in the high country!

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it! Cool man, yeah it's spring break so I'll be getting my little girl out for a hike in the next few days too. No snow here, just lots of soggy ground lol.

mmmmmmmmmmmm..............
camp knife.............

oh, yeah - the other pics were cool, too.
:D

thanks mist.

Thanks Vik, yeah the Camp Knife is sweet. I'll bring it to the gathering with me :)

Wow...thanks for the additional pics of that FBF knife. It's a lot bigger then I though. Looks like it could even do some nice chopping. I might have to invest in one of andy's blades one day. That blue line is sweet and subtle. Glad to see it's getting some use. If I had a knife that pretty I'd be afraid of taking it off the shelf :eek:

Mist you take the best damn pictures. I hope you make the gathering so I can get some tips.

Mist you take the best damn pictures. I hope you make the gathering so I can get some tips.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like them. Hmmm, Reuben keeps telling me that we need to get out of this survival stuff and go into photography lessons... :)

Great pics, mistwalker. Great knife too.

If I was stuck in the woods with someone I can think of a million poeple a hell of a lot cuter than Gutsy

He ain't as cute as Murph, but he's got some purty lips. :D

Alright that's enough you gawdless savages ! You're all getting scalped at the gathering !

Alright that's enough you gawdless savages ! You're all getting scalped at the gathering !

Ok, now this is interesting. Note to self, bring popcorn lol

Come on man, be realistic here. Granted some...and no I'm not going to name any names...may be wusses, but there is no way you're gonna take 'em all, there's just too many of them :) Plus, quite frankly, there are damned few I'd want to see "scalped" ;)

I gotta agree. That fiddleback is fantastic.

as usual, excellent pics brian! my favorite is the pics of the datura pods. nice to see hints of spring and green stuff over there. we're still toying with below freezing at night over here!

Superb pics. Thanks for sharing and taking us along. I especially liked the bug and larvae pics. I always try to discover them as well. Great fun!

Back