Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a preschool, and this kinda crap scares the poo outta me, because what's a softer target than a preschool/early learning center?!
My little girl goes to this school while I work with the older kids.
My boss, probably because corporate told her to, put up a big "gun free zone" plaque on the wall near the front entry.
I get so pissed every time I look at it...
I'm wishing that I had my concealed carry permit as of right now.
It's not legally a school, so no laws could be broken, worst case scenario would be that I'd print horribly and get fired...
Or another child's parent would, and be asked to leave.
I'm hoping that as many of you guys that can carry, do.

On a much less heavy note,
My SP53 (ya know, the Dan Maragni answer to the RBK) landed this evening. :)
Pics to follow.

Soon as I turn 21 I'm getting my concealed carry permit and a revolver of some sort. I like those things that look like a mini 1911 too but I'd rather have the ability to shoot from a coat pocket and such without a jam.

Don't do it man. That's what they want you to do.

But what if you DID, because they never expected you actually WOULD? Ha, ha!:D

Yea, spooky crap happens. San Bernardino is only 1/2 an hour away. Then there was that ex-cop Dornier runnin' all over this place.
Be aware, crazy people walk among us.

Careful with that. There is a law as to how dark they can be. The installer will know, but some will install whatever darkness you want.

Doc

Yessir. This place will go as dark as you want but you'll be the one paying the ticket.

iirc legal is 30 or 35% for the front 2 windows. But i went 20%... a little darker than legal but the back windows came tinted at 20 and i wanted to make it all match.

Looks good and not too dark... IMO.

Imagine your opinion of the Florida sun isnt going to get better when June or July get here lol. I like Florida just fine but would just as soon limit my visits to fall and winter there. 107° with 110% humidity, no thanks!

Happy late birthday though!

In more serious news. When I got out of bed and looked on my phone I had several instructions from friends to tune into the news. Turns out the plant where I worked when I quite to go fulltime is right now on lock down with a active shooter. To early to know the details yet, no names have been released, I've texted some friends I have that still work there and are in the building now on lockdown. They dont know much, they arent telling them anything. The news does say there are at least two dead at this time. This place is a mile and a half from my front door. I wish I could say I never saw this coming. But the way people are treated there im supprised something like this didn't happen a long time ago. One of the reasons I left. Scary stuff! .......... Oh, and by the way! The plant manager made it a gun free zone just so you know. Maybe this asshole didnt see the sign!

Thanks bud. The heat can get to be a bit much i agree.. But I'd personally rather be hot than cold. I'm not good in the cold lol

Crazy stuff bro. Glad you got out in time and I'll keep some smoke up for the families involved.

Happy belated Birthday, Tricky Dicky. :thumbup: Glad to hear it was a good one.

Thanks brother! The real celebration starts in the morning. Come on down :)

I love Kryptek patterns, I think a full truck wrap would look fantastic.

There is a guy on the tacoma forum that did a full kryptek highlander wrap.. Looks badass... like a whole lotta badass lol

I'm saving my dollars up... Not sure if I'm saving for that wrap or a small boat... But I'm saving lol

I want that little 10 foot pelican bass raider boat. It's about 700 bucks. Cheap for a 2 person boat you can stand up on. And you can put a trolling motor up front and a 5hp or so little motor on the back. Good even in shallow water... And can slide in the back of a pickup....

I want.

This mornings recommended songs for you to listen to are.

River life by the Lacs.

And...

Dirt road anthem by colt ford and Brantley Gilbert.

Have you thought about quality custom Kryptek camo seat covers? It might be a good way to incorporate some without getting too deep into the cash.

Have you thought about quality custom Kryptek camo seat covers? It might be a good way to incorporate some without getting too deep into the cash.

My wife had some really nice seat covers made for me already. Took a month and $250 to make just the fronts but looks great and completely matches the black and grey interior.

Really the white is just kind of boring to me so i want to switch it up. But it Will take a while.

Good thing about vehicle wraps is they protect the paint underneath and the place I'd go offers 7 year warranty... So in 5 years when i pay the truck off i could remove the wrap and the paint would look New.

Good investment if i ever decided to trade or sell it.

Haven't played with the 53 myself but I hear good things. I've been pretty happy with everything I've gotten from Ontario.

Haven't played with the 53 myself but I hear good things. I've been pretty happy with everything I've gotten from Ontario.

I think the only one of my collection that could keep up in chopping would be the bk21, but as far as carving/slicing/whittling, it'd be ever so slightly at a disadvantage due to its grips, and it's thick saber grind. Also, the sp grips are a bit fat for my grip, while the Beckers are extremely comfortable.
I still love it! Can't wait to knock the new off of it. :)

So, I stopped by Grand Prairie Knives to grab a Becker Necker for my buddy up in Springfield. As I'm talking with the employees I spot out of the corner of my eye the new DPx clip knife. So instantly I'm intrigued. For me it's too thin to be comfortable and because of the caribiner clip it would be hard to make some scales for it. Then I spot the HEST. On sale. For $100. Well I'm the new proud owner of a DPx HEST.

So, I stopped by Grand Prairie Knives to grab a Becker Necker for my buddy up in Springfield. As I'm talking with the employees I spot out of the corner of my eye the new DPx clip knife. So instantly I'm intrigued. For me it's too thin to be comfortable and because of the caribiner clip it would be hard to make some scales for it. Then I spot the HEST. On sale. For $100. Well I'm the new proud owner of a DPx HEST.

Great little knife. Somehow I ended up with two :rolleyes:. Good size for EDC but the prybar on the butt can be a bit of a problem if it sticks you.

I love the look of the 53, but imho Ontario handles transfer a TON of the force from chopping. The few I have used i really felt every hit and it wore me out.

Mornin'

IMG_20160312_100958489_zpsjwtcbzo4.jpg

So Weirdness abounds. I got a great job offer Friday to move to the Boston area, and I couldnt turn it down. Looks like I am gonna be a proper east coaster again. Anyone here live out that way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back