• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Someone Worth Thanking, Publicly

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
I recently did a transaction for which I cannot leave feedback since Roland, ferider ferider , had not responded with a post in my "knife wanted" thread from a week or two back.

However, during a conversation we were having via PM he responded to my mentioning my failure to find the knife I was seeking, by saying that I could choose one of his that constituted spares to a Hinderer wharncliffe he used around his home and property.

At a time when shortages of certain knives are causing some folks to ask inflated prices, Roland did just the opposite. He offered me a like new, somewhat upgraded / customized version of the knife I sought at below market prices.

As if that in itself wasn't enough, he compounded my happy surprise by not only adding all the original hardware which had been replaced, but all of the bits necessary to open up and work on the knife, from the pivot to the frame screws.

I'd not only call that above and beyond, but an example of generosity of spirit that is not seen every day.

The knife in question is the black scaled "Fatty" in the following couple of images. To say it will be carried and treasured both as a fine example of a Hinderer, and a token of friendship is an understatement.

Thank you, Roland.

hinderer-wharnie-2.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-1.jpg

Always nice to see.

It is good eggs like this that continue to make Bladeforums a worthwhile place to hang out.

I have won knives in giveaways, been gifted knives and have gifted knives to others on here.

I always appreciate a good deed like passing a knife on without markup!!

Back