Something new for me - quivers

My whole family was into archery when I was a kid. Recently, my wife and I have picked it up and found the new types of bows and arrows are extraordinary. However, I still have a fondness for the older styles of quivers so I made one for each of us. Mine is a back style with a harness that stabilizes it's position and some adjustable, snap in separators for arrow organization. The bottom is 3/4 inch thick laminated leather. I don't have a sewing machine so this was a real challenge to hand sew. Took a bit.P1010098.JPG P1010100.JPG P1010103.JPG P1010101.JPG
The other is a hip quiver for my wife. It was interesting and I would make a number of design changes if I ever made it again but she is happy.

Attachments

• P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Really outstanding. Like the tooling too. Wow nice job!

Thank you all for the positive comments. The tooling was something I picked up from and old Al Stohlman book that he calls inverted carving. I find it works really well on large areas if the design fits the form and prevents having to do acres of background.
High Standard, it is a bit difficult to estimate the total time because I completed them mixed in with other projects over several weeks. I know I spent about 2 to 3 hours just doing design and patterns. I would guess the back quiver has about 6 to 10 hours total and the other a bit less. Most of the time in both is for the stitching. The back quiver had a lot of pretty difficult stitching to do and I almost backed myself into a corner a couple of times with the wrong sequence.

Robber58,

Would you be willing to share these designs with me?

This is very timely as I have been shooting the heck out of my Super Kodiak lately and have been wanting to build my own quiver. I would be super appreciative if I could steal from your experience and tweak the design some to fit my needs.

Thanks - and awesome work.

Jason

Jason,
I have done some reshuffling in my shop recently and my recent patterns folder has gone missing. I don't mind sharing at all if I can locate them. I am currently hosting at a state park in Oregon and will be back at the end of June. I will look then and let you know if I can figure out what happened to my patterns.
Randy

Jason,
I am back and attempted to send you messages but it seems your box is full. I have the pattern but we need to talk.
Randy

Back