Something strange

I noticed something weird on my Mini Horizon D. The knife is perfect otherwise and everything functions great but I think they might have accidentally put a pocket clip screw in the place of the show side top handle scale screw. It looks more dome formed than socket. I will add pics. The size is is about the same I just thought it was weird after noticing it.

qpNYJk5.jpg
60ZYI6W.jpg

If that's the case you should be able to rectify with the enclosed parts kit, right?
I once received a new from dealer Wave that was missing the internal screw for the clip. I used the extra one.

I noticed something weird on my Mini Horizon D. The knife is perfect otherwise and everything functions great but I think they might have accidentally put a pocket clip screw in the place of the show side top handle scale screw. It looks more dome formed than socket. I will add pics. The size is is about the same I just thought it was weird after noticing it.
It's not clear from the picture exactly what might be going on. A question - it appears in your top pic, that the horizontal milling lines might thicken, (front to back), from the bottom end of the handle scale as you move towards the top/pivot end? I bet that's not clear, sorry. Are those grooves more raised as you move up the handle - shallower at bottom end, deeper nearer to the pivot? I'm asking because it sort of appears that the screws may be the same, but the counterbore around the hole of that top screw is deeper. If so this could be do to the thicker scale grooving. Your eye could be seeing a difference, but it may just be the shadow caused by a required deeper counterbore. I notice that same "opposing" hole on the lock side does not appear this way, though. Could there be a difference in the horizontal milled grooves front to back? If not, then the counterbore is too deep on that one hole, or more likely, indeed there's something weird about that screw.

I have 3 Reate knives and this was my first. The torrent abd k2 both had extra hardware but I remember I didn't have for this one. But I looked for the box to check again and the baggie was just real deep in the sleeve of the pouch so it's all good now. Thanks

Back