Sommelier Waiter Corkscrews

Ever since mine walked away at work :rolleyes: I've been wanting another one. I used to have an older Laguiole waiters corkscrew with oak wine scales. It was an older sommelier that had a boxy feel to it and file work along the spring. I had opened countless bottles of wine with my last one and had worn it down to that classy look and feel most of us grow accustomed to in our slipjoints. I would really hate to buy new and start all over.

I've been drooling over some Laguiole en Aubrac Corkscrews and the "Woodstock" in particular but don't necessarily want new. I guess my question is where can I find one with a little more character as in antique or custom? I realize the en Aubrac line is tops but was just curious if I'm missing any makers... There's always ebay but was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Also, would be a good time to see some more corkscrews. Haven't seen some in awhile here. :thumbup:

Moving this one as the primary tool is a corkscrew (not a knife) ...but retaining a link in the Traditional Forum.

I agree. And yes, thank you very much for sharing. Looks like my search begins. It would be a lot easier for me to jump on a new one if Laguiole en Aubrac made one in stag. :D

A stag waiter's friend would be sweet. Thanks for the comments guys.

About the closest I've found new was a Master Sommelier Edition from Chataeu Laguiole in Reindeer Stag that might as well be smooth bone. :yawn: The Forge de Laguiole in Blonde Horn is quite sexy, though.

Forge de Laguiole has a very well done interactive catalog on their home page and they do offer nice Elk Stag on some of their knives. I bet if I contacted them they could do one in their custom shop but I bet it would cost a small fortune.

Maybe you could find someone to customise a stock model with new scales.

Try searching Stag Laguiole Jean Dubost on line.

Last edited:
The last one I purchased was one of these -->Kanetsune sommelier tool

..better picture:

KC-02black.jpg

Very nice and highly recommended. :thumbup:

Another sommelier's tool that I have and like a lot was made by KAI/Kershaw but it was discontinued many years ago. You can see it at the bottom of THIS page. I've often wished they would bring back that model or something similar because dozens of people have commented on it and asked where I got it and how can they get one. Apparently, according to that website, it is in the "collectible" category. :rolleyes: ..glad I snagged a couple when they were available. :D

Hi, Guys . I ordered best corkscrews from Mumm Products. It was my best shopping experience with them.
You can check the products.;

Back