Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

Shoulda known that wouldn't get past your X-ray vision! :p:eek:

ummm... not so much. But I'm familiar with that model. Don't have one, but have strongly considered purchasing one. It's commonly available with N690 blade steel, one of my favorite alloys.

Did you perchance listen to "This American Life" on public radio today??

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Whoops, better throw some blue in here:

IMG_3745.jpg~original

~ P.

ummm... not so much. But I'm familiar with that model. Don't have one, but have strongly considered purchasing one. It's commonly available with N690 blade steel, one of my favorite alloys.

Haven't tried N690Co, but love its Japanese daddy, VG10.

My Pingo's in K390, but I've sent you a PM, Boss, so as not to further derail the thread.

Dangit, I'm all outta blue handled knives except for my EKA Butcher and Fishing knife roll, and I sure as heck ain't gonna tempt fate again with those, LOL :p:D

Sorry ~P! :D

From the 2nd pg of this thread.

I have had my eye on a Buck w/ Indigo Royalwood. It's good to see a couple.

It only took a year to finally get one. :D

Last edited:
As you know Brett, good things are worth the wait. Your blue Buck is definitely a good thing! Glad you were able to survive the wait. Looks like a perfect "10"!! :) :applause: -James

Very excited to get my first post in the Blue handled thread! Tons of gorgeous knives here!

NR0B1qTl.jpg

Last edited:
As you know Brett, good things are worth the wait. Your blue Buck is definitely a good thing! Glad you were able to survive the wait. Looks like a perfect "10"!! :) :applause: -James

Thank you good sir. :D

Sweet! Silver and blue are such a wonderful combination, all over again. :) Congratulations.

Very excited to get my first post in the Blue handled thread!
NR0B1qTl.jpg

Now there's an entrance. Beautiful knife; thanks so much for heading here to post it.
thumbup1.gif~original

Me, I'm currently still lost in a sea of blue burlap...

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-10%20at%204.55.24%20PM.png~original

(The above is an illuminated close-up of the handle of the Esquire, second from the top in this picture.)
IMG_0330.jpg~original

~ P.

I have an early and enduring love for Swiss Army Knives...

SAK.gif~original

... hence my delight when a surprise gift from Randy (r redden) turned out to be this:

IMG_4334.jpg~original

I have become familiar with the Farmer pattern through its frequent appearances in "If you could only get one..." and "Recommend me a _____" threads, taking note of its well-rounded tool selection within a streamlined two-layer presentation. I am delighted to now have this beautiful representation here, Perfect Color® and all:

IMG_4352.jpg~original

At least one of my Alox knives is with me every time I drive away:

IMG_4351.jpg~original

:D

Thanks so much for your thoughtful kindness, Randy!

~ P.

Sold several and picked up a few trees and this blue one. I fought hard but I couldn't resist.

Back