Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

My knives seen at the Brannaman Pro Am:

ecJId5l.jpg

Box Elder and damascus:

zTPoYDO.jpg

Blue Jigged Bone:

jhl3v9D.jpg

i4JwhkY.jpg

Love it when my knives have seen some life.

Ahhhh, the lowly SS Case 4 5/8" Workman Series as ground Sod Buster with blue composite covers

xhE15CK.jpg

I was given one of those as a gift last year. I find it a little big for pocket carry, so instead it's been my truck console knife since I got it. :D I really like the as-ground blade finish, and it came with one of the best factory edges I've seen from Case.

Does anybody else feel like GEC has almost totally abandoned blue handles? I recall that there was the Northwoods blue camel bone recently but I don't feel that that really counts since the handles were specified by the dealer.

They still seem to like green: the new #81, the #35 Hummingbird, the #38, the #48 (really like this one), and the omni-present OD green Micarta to name a few.

A small run of blue #48s this year seems to have been a mistake.

Am I seeing a trend here?

Lovely knives all, oddly reminding me of a great old song by Annette Hanshaw, circa 1929:

"Am I Blue" --

Last edited:
Came across this thread in a roundabout way from Google search but so glad I did. Blue is my favorite color and I love the way it can look on a knife when done well. I guess when I do the math I have more blue knives than anything at this particular moment.
So looks like I have 19 pages of blue knives to comb through and I haven't even made it through all the acrylics thread yet! So many beautiful knives to look at around here :)
BlueMonday.jpg

Back