Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

I keep seeing those blue alox SAKs and really need to get me one.
That dark blue bone A. Wright is a beauty Jolipapa Jolipapa :)

I was hoping to produce more blue on this one than I actually achieved (it's a blue dye job on jigged amber bone), but I still like the results. Bright sunlight really brings out the blue highlights.

38493681664_a39776cb87_b.jpg

39176224202_bc6c4af49c_b.jpg

Great dye job! Very similar to the current production Burnt Indigo bone.

Came across this thread in a roundabout way from Google search but so glad I did. Blue is my favorite color and I love the way it can look on a knife when done well. I guess when I do the math I have more blue knives than anything at this particular moment.
So looks like I have 19 pages of blue knives to comb through and I haven't even made it through all the acrylics thread yet! So many beautiful knives to look at around here :)
View attachment 975336

Case really excels at the blue part of the spectrum. Why can't GEC give us some blue knives once in a while?

My knives seen at the Brannaman Pro Am:

ecJId5l.jpg

Box Elder and damascus:

zTPoYDO.jpg

Blue Jigged Bone:

jhl3v9D.jpg

i4JwhkY.jpg

Love it when my knives have seen some life.
Late to the party on this one but that blue jigged bone is the perfect shade of blue. Lightens up right before the bolster.

Late to the party on this one but that blue jigged bone is the perfect shade of blue. Lightens up right before the bolster.

Yep one of my fascinations with working with bone. Sometimes it does that and sometimes it doesn't. I've even had blue bone go purple on me when working it. Ya just never know. Keeps it interesting for me. Got two sets of blue bone scales on the bench right now. One jigged and the other smooth.

Beautiful knife Drew. I assume that is mammoth? Mammoth tooth?

Thank you! Yes mammoth ivory

Wow Drew just WOW! Long for the days when I could work with mammoth ivory too. Have to settle for pinecone these days:

492OuJf.jpg

Ew4j91b.jpg

h8vL9WY.jpg

And just like Drew's scales they just get cooler in the sunlight:

R0sLqcU.jpg

dyAkNbR.jpg

Whoa that looks incredible!!!
Thank you, but man oh man yours are just stunning!

Back