Sorry beckerhead, I have cheated on you...

I feel the need for a confession . I flipped over to another area and dipped my toe into Spyderco Folders!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Now, folders generally bore me and I've never really warmed up to serrarions....

BUT... This little Tasman Salt 2 just fills a gap that no Becker can (at the moment!! :eek:)

This lightweight, H1 steel (100% rust PROOF) little serrated hawkbill will be my constant companion.

Perfect little hooked-blade for my aquatic, boating, fishing and spearfishing lifestyle .it'll make short work of rope, line entanglements, gilling fish and also making that initial "shoulder" cut when filleting fish, so as to not dull my fillet knife.

Would also slice through a seatbelt like butter, if need be!

Has Becker ever made a hawkbill type design or used serrarions before??

544Db1u.jpg

2A09WqE.png

I feel the need for a confession . I flipped over to another area and dipped my toe into Spyderco Folders!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Now, folders generally bore me and I've never really warmed up to serrarions....

BUT... This little Tasman Salt 2 just fills a gap that no Becker can (at the moment!! :eek:)

This lightweight, H1 steel (100% rust PROOF) little serrated hawkbill will be my constant companion.

Perfect little hooked-blade for my aquatic, boating, fishing and spearfishing lifestyle .it'll make short work of rope, line entanglements, gilling fish and also making that initial "shoulder" cut when filleting fish, so as to not dull my fillet knife.

544Db1u.jpg

2A09WqE.png
I. AM. SO. DISAPPOINTED. IN. YOU.

Zieg

;)

544Db1u.jpg

2A09WqE.png
Honestly, it's hard to beat that H1 for saltwater use. I tell you what, I'm going back to NC to the Outer Banks this September and I'll bring my BK-15. I'll show you how it looks after a week on the water. It won't be pretty! (Especially since I stripped the coating.)

As for your your questions, I believe the answer is, "No." AFAIK, Becker has no serrated or stainless models. So you're going in the right direction for salt use.

Zieg

Last edited:
I know there was a BK2 with partial serrations. There was a BK11 san mai that had stainless and the BK98 Tuko is stainless.

As far as your spidey purchase, you’re an awful person. Just kidding...
rm04KU8.jpg

Check out the Manix 2, that’s my favorite. :thumbsup:

Honestly, it's hard to beat that H1 for saltwater use. I tell you what, I'm going back to NC to the Outer Banks this September and I'll bring my BK-15. I'll show you how it looks after a week on the water. It won't be pretty! (Especially since I stripped the coating.)

As for your your questions, I believe the answer is, "No." AFAIK, Becker has no serrated or stainless models. So you're going in the right direction for salt use.

Zieg

Yeah - H1 is basically the polar opposite of 1095CV in terms of corrosion resistance .

Apparantly, while a plain Edge H1 is pretty soft, the serrated edges work harden it to 65-68 !!

The BK-15 is my fav Becker shape and I look forward to slicing up some big striped bass with it! I've kept my coating on, for now.

I'm realizing that the BK-14 is my ultimate utilitarian EDC, but I'm drawn to sexy curves, like the BK-15, the Tasman Hawkbill and Kukri choppers.

I assume you're going on a fishing trip? What are you targeting?

I am a huge Spyderco fan and own way too many of them. I don't really like serrated knives though.

It is a large knife but the Spyderco Military is my favorite.

32JJ1LYh.jpg

Serrations are useful only in select applications, from my experience .

The fact that H1 significantly hardens when serrated and the fact that I need it for in-sea use, made it an obvious specialty choice.

Normally, I love a FFG plain Edge with a convex bevel . Just stupidly versatile, useful and durable.

Ever since I got the BK-15, I'm also really keen on swedges also (which is sort of what a clip-point / Bowie tip does on a FFG blade as well.

I'm still a fixed blade guy.

Please forgive this transgression... It was a 1-time deal and for specialty purposes only. I swear, it'll never happen again .

That concave, serrated helicopter rescue tool thing is really interesting .

It also seems that my little hawkbill folder would accomplish the same thing and be MUCH lighter (2 oz with FRN scales and no liners!) And can be carried at all times .

Wish I had this when I was racing cars, even though racing harnesses all have tested, quick-release buckles.

Silly me, the BK3 has serrations too.

Have a few other knives beside my Beckers
Serrated Beckers are the BK2SG, BK3SG, BK7SG, and of all the coveted BK8
The Stainless Becker you seek is the Cam, or Kabar BK77
the BK7SG

qSu9qMi.jpg
And we should not forget the little BK11SG :D

Back