Sorry, I'm not going to Friend you on Facebook.

I'm 69 years old. Life is too short to do facebook.

In a similar vein, I suppose I should apologize to those people on Linked-In with whom I am, well, linked? I never did get familiar with the procedures and so am not active at all on there.

That is the age group on Facebook. All the kids are twiting and instegramering.

I don't believe in staying "connected" to people through Facebook and similar. If you're a friend or a family member, I will see you in person or make a phone call. People seem to have forgotten how to communicate with the people they care about. I'm not anti-technology or against leaning new things. I'm against stupefying the human race. Staring at stupid info about people's lives that you don't really care about isn't healthy. Thinking your silly posts about what you ate for dinner, actually matters to people that weren't there, is a bit self-indulgent. Plus I don't want my kids seeing me spend so much time in the virtual world. I'd rather spend my free time with them. When they are old enough to go online by themselves, I don't want them making mistakes like putting too much of their own personal info out there. I see too many parents spending way too much time staring at their phones all day long instead of enjoying their kids. How do you think their kids will act when they get older? We are raising a generation of zombies.
OK I'm done. Next person in line for the soapbox.

I don't believe in staying "connected" to people through Facebook and similar. If you're a friend or a family member, I will see you in person or make a phone call. People seem to have forgotten how to communicate with the people they care about. I'm not anti-technology or against leaning new things. I'm against stupefying the human race. Staring at stupid info about people's lives that you don't really care about isn't healthy. Thinking your silly posts about what you ate for dinner, actually matters to people that weren't there, is a bit self-indulgent. Plus I don't want my kids seeing me spend so much time in the virtual world. I'd rather spend my free time with them. When they are old enough to go online by themselves, I don't want them making mistakes like putting too much of their own personal info out there. I see too many parents spending way too much time staring at their phones all day long instead of enjoying their kids. How do you think their kids will act when they get older? We are raising a generation of zombies.

^^^ Well said! :thumbup: I spend too much time online as it is... :foot:

Screw "flakebook" for real. All it's good for is whining about what you don't have, or bragging about what you do have. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, we need to spend for time hitting the refresh button on the ganzaaa! haha. I saw a picture that said something about how anti social people have become and showed people on a subway car or bus, each one enveloped in their mobile device. Then it showed an dated photo of a bus, perhaps from the 20's or so, each person completely enveloped in their own newspaper...

Also, I have to add, I find it astounding you old farts can figure out what buttons to press to get on the internet! hahaha just kidding (sort of ;) )

Screw "flakebook" for real. All it's good for is whining about what you don't have, or bragging about what you do have. It's ridiculous.

Yes, that never happens here on the discussion forums! ;) :D:D:D

BUSSE-SatinSS_SFNO-2_zpsfa96d492.jpg

BUSSE-BAIII_OINK-2_zps206e3bfe.jpg

BUSSE-CG_SARsquatch-1_zps2a7036e3.jpg

Busse-AMSMO_Pair-1_zps22845040.jpg

BUSSE-BIG_ASHBM_user-3_zpsr4hlbrmd.jpg

Busse-SSOffDuty_Pair-4.jpg

:)

Yes, that never happens here on the discussion forums! ;) :D:D:D

BUSSE-SatinSS_SFNO-2_zpsfa96d492.jpg

BUSSE-BAIII_OINK-2_zps206e3bfe.jpg

BUSSE-CG_SARsquatch-1_zps2a7036e3.jpg

Busse-AMSMO_Pair-1_zps22845040.jpg

BUSSE-BIG_ASHBM_user-3_zpsr4hlbrmd.jpg

Busse-SSOffDuty_Pair-4.jpg

:)
That's not why I get on here. I don't whine about what I don't have, nor brag about what I do.
Oh, I almost forgot - what about being able to know what someone I haven't seen in person for 25 years had for lunch? My GOD - lunch! It's so important I'll just shrivel up if I don't KNOW!
Something else I'm tooootally stoked about - "status updates"! Holy crap - what ever will I do if I don't know what my gym teacher from 3rd grade is thinking or feeling this very instant?
Gimme a break dood.

I saw a picture that said something about how anti social people have become and showed people on a subway car or bus, each one enveloped in their mobile device. Then it showed an dated photo of a bus, perhaps from the 20's or so, each person completely enveloped in their own newspaper...

I hope you see the huge difference between those 2 scenarios.

To clarify, I'm 37. Not really an old fart.

I was just joking around, it wasn't aimed at you. I was just ribbing these older guys in here. It's all relative anyway, i got called old by my friend's 9 year old the other day and she wasn't joking. I feel old when i hear the words the kids are using.

It's ok Guy, it would be really hard to friend someone who hasn't logged on since the Busse like contest a ways back anyways. :D

I hope you see the huge difference between those 2 scenarios.

I do. Neither one has a B13. One has paper to test the sharpness of a B13 and the other has an expensive gadget they could smash up with a B13. ;) That's it right? :p

I was just joking around, it wasn't aimed at you. I was just ribbing these older guys in here. It's all relative anyway, i got called old by my friend's 9 year old the other day and she wasn't joking. I feel old when i hear the words the kids are using.

No worries. I didn't take it as an insult or think it was aimed at me. I just figure all my FB bashing might lead people to think I'm over the hill. Not like that's a bad thing anyway. I respect my elders.

Hey, one thing a trucker learns about life is once you're over the hill it's much faster and way more fun as long as there are no sudden stops!

Hey, one thing a trucker learns about life is once you're over the hill it's much faster and way more fun as long as there are no sudden stops!

Good statement. The going downhill faster is pretty spot on... Not necessarily more fun;). One does wish to prevent the sudden stops, but keeping the rust under control is the part that is increasingly more difficult.....

But we may or may not have thrown swords at a certain tree in a certain state all those years ago :(

But we may or may not have thrown swords at a certain tree in a certain state all those years ago :(

It might have this tree, before Teabags made a rest stop...

Well, I know that I couldn't hit teh tree with the Ruck after a little bit :)rolleyes:) of Bourbon, but I'm not sure what your excuse was.

Dave, you're my friend, just not a FB Friend. :D

I like Facebook, idiots posting every idea that escapes in their minds, criminals posting their latest scores from burglaries, snowflakes getting all butthurt becuase everyone doesn't agree with their ideals.

Any angel gets it's wings everytime a liberal blocks me.....

I'm not going to defend it and I have unfriended people that post too much but I do like it for the people I have lost touch with over the years. I had no idea how to get in contact with some of my college friends from 20 years ago until Facebook. Back then when you moved you got a new phone number.

Back