Sorry I've been AWOL for a while....

Mark Terrell

BANNED
Sorry I haven't been around much for a while. It's been a weird year thus far. Here's what's been going on....

I've been working with my dad (ranching etc..) off and on for a while as he's almost 70 and has some breathing problems now so managing all the cattle and land is next to impossible for him alone. So I drive out there (30 miles each way) 3 days a week and basically become manual labor..... All in all, I feel like I'm back in high school working for my "room and board"...... This has kind of become routine by now though.

In December my wife's grandmother had a lung removed and things have gone anything but smoothly since then. She's been air flighted out 3 times now and once she was legally dead then they somehow brought her back. So we've spent a lot of time dealing with that.

Then, a little while back, my dog was diagnosed with Lympho Sarcoma and she lasted a little while but passed away a few weeks back.

We've also all been sick (me, the wife and the kiddo) off and on for months now, but I've been told that it's all part of the deal with a young kid, this takes getting used to. Seems like I get a few weeks of being well, then get hit with a new illness. The ones that I'm not accustomed to at all are the numerous stomach viruses... Those suck and it's been years since I've had the "tummy aches" and such.... I didn't miss those.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally thought things were running "smoothly" when my kiddo (now almost 19 months old) fell at day care and broke a tooth and did a little more damage. We had to send him to an oral surgeon and get a "baby root canal" and a crown as well as a few other odds and ends done....

So here we are today, just hoping for a brief moment of sanity in the insane world we've lived in for like 6 months now...

I'll try to be around more as time permits and right now I'm waiting on the WSK/USK blanks to get cut and returned.

About Blade, sorry I wasn't there this year, there's just too much stuff in flux right now and we couldn't leave with Chel's grandmother in her current state.

Thanks all,

MT

You deserve a break!

Just don't make it a bone ...

I pray for peace for you and your family.

daibutsu2.jpg

Don't know you, but I have seen you post before. I have two kids, 4 and 6 so I feel your pain with the constant bugs going around. Let's look for some good and assume these bugs are building your immune system, you never know. I guess what struck me the most in your post was your dedication to your father, pretty cool in my book. Sounds like your doing everything right Mark. Just wanted to send you a word of encouragement.

Les

Sounds like a rough year. I don't know you, but I like your knives. Good luck with your family. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Everything's evening out a bit now. I just did a major overhaul to the shop and got a run of like 100 WSK's and USK's done, so I'm pretty spent. Dad's better and I need to start working out again, but such is life...

Back