Recommendation? source for wenger toothpicks?

Does anyone know of a source for the wenger 65mm toothpicks? I find a lot of places where I can get the Victorinox style, but I can’t find the wenger style anywhere.

I found tweezers for sale but no toothpicks. Too bad but I guess it had to happen.

My suggestion: check eBay for beat up old Wengers. Eventually you'll find someone selling two or three your size for a couple of dollars. Make sure they have toothpicks.

Contact Wenger?
They are still in business, as far as I know.
Worst case, the Victorinox toothpick will fit?

Contact Wenger?
They are still in business, as far as I know.

To save Wenger from bankruptcy and/or foreign acquisition, Switzerland's government allowed Victorinox to buy its old rival in 2005. In Swiss canton politics, everyone is supposedly equal and no one's ethnic group is favored. Victorinox's production facilities are in a German-speaking canton and Wenger's are in a French-speaking canton: so weak sister Wenger was supported by Switzerland's federal government. With the air travel nightmare which began in 2001 and the world financial crisis of 2002, consolidation became inevitable. Part of the deal was that Victorinox would continue Wenger's folding knife production in Delémont, the capital of canton Jura which is 99.9% French-speaking and 75% Catholic. Victorinox rationalized production by making their can opener and wood saw the company-wide standard. Knives which could be easily adapted to Victorinox's tweezers and toothpick were adapted. Fit and finish of Wenger's small knives was improved.

Worst case, the Victorinox toothpick will fit?

In 2013, Victorinox ended production of Wenger-branded pocket knives. Wenger's Delémont plant was kept open to produce Victorinox's Delémont Collection, the re-branded final culling from Wenger's folding knife catalog. Knives which duplicated Victorinox knives were dropped. Knives which could not be easily adapted to Victorinox tweezers and toothpick were dropped. Wenger's combo tool, dear to fans of the Klingon martial arts, was dropped. Internet dealers sold old stock Wenger tweezers and toothpicks until last year. I searched last Saturday and found tweezers, but it looks like Wenger toothpicks are one with Nineveh and Tyre.

I recommend searching auction sites for junk 65mm Wengers. If they're beat up enough, they might be cheaper than Wenger toothpicks were. Just make sure the junk Wenger knives have toothpicks. Victorinox toothpicks don't fit.

Back