South Fork Cabin Knife

JK Knives

Designed by jds1, and named for the cabin we held our Michigan Gatherings at. This is perfect for a mid sized camp knife, especially for preparing food, and making fuzz sticks.

Specs:
9 3/8” overall
5” blade
Available in 1/8” or 3/32” thick steel
Rounded spine

Price in 1/8" O1 - $208 shipped, no sheath
Price in 3/32" O1 - $218 shipped, no sheath
Leather pouch style sheath $20

BbZJ5bv.jpg a5euxAn.jpg

This is one of the most practical camp knives around, not a wood chopper, but great for all around use.

This is one of the most practical camp knives around, not a wood chopper, but great for all around use.
The knife in your logo is actually what I would call a "Camp Knife".
3H2iSUB.jpg

Do you still make that one? When I think of a camp knife, I think of using it for everything at camp, not chopping down trees. Things like preparing food, a little minor clearing limbs, skinning, butchering, etc. And not completely out of place on your belt while hunting, hiking, etc. More of a large hunting knife that is also suitable for food preparation. Or a heavy duty kitchen knife that can also be used for skinning. The edge has to go to the heel or you can't cut chop your veggies with it!

In other words, if you only had one knife (like the mountain men) and had to do everything except chopping wood (which you would have an ax for).

That knife seems to fit the bill perfectly!

Last edited:
3H2iSUB.jpg

Do you still make that one? When I think of a camp knife, I think of using it for everything at camp, not chopping down trees. Things like preparing food, a little minor clearing limbs, skinning, butchering, etc. And not completely out of place on your belt while hunting, hiking, etc. More of a large hunting knife that is also suitable for food preparation. Or a heavy duty kitchen knife that can also be used for skinning. The edge has to go to the heel or you can't cut chop your veggies with it!

In other words, if you only had one knife (like the mountain men) and had to do everything except chopping wood (which you would have an ax for).

I do still have the pattern, but at 1/4” thick it’s not much of a slicer.

Within the past week, I was wondering if you did a chef style knife... Now I know. You will have an email in the next day or so from me. Thanks for bumping this thread!

3H2iSUB.jpg

There is a video on you tuba about it. Awesome knife. Maybe someone can post the link.

Back