SouthWest Khukri Khonvention (SWKK)

Nasty here at Mamav's hacienda in Arizona.

Had a good flight, Mamav (Gin) and Svashtar (Norm) picked me up at the airport last night (I guess Mamav had been pulling up to all of the strange guys until then and Svashtar didn't stop her). Had a nice visit with them last night, Mamav is up now making breakfast while I stroll the "hood" taking pictures and sipping coffee.

*I* got to see the blem box...nanny nanny boo boo... :eek:

I see stag, and I see villagers, and guys...you'd better hurry over here!!!

It's going to a great day!!!

More as things develop...yes, I am taking pics and will post them as soon as I get back (Monday evening or Tuesday).

~Nasty

Nasty here at Mamav's hacienda in Arizona.

Have a great day, Bro!

Now tell me the truth....does Gin really wear those curlers in her hair??

Inquiring minds wanna know. :D

Mesa 70 °F / 21 °C 28% 30.09 in / 1019 hPa Scattered Clouds East at 5 mph / 7 km/h 9:47 AM

It's snowed in my little hills for the last 4 days. A mile away it's just rain. Three miles away it's dry.

munk

Well, what's goin' on out there?

I bet they're busy throwing khukuris, firing Nasty's M-60, and looking at the 18-wheeler full of khuks Norm brought.

While plowing through Gin's home-cooked southwestern food & doing shots of who-knows-what.

Ad Astra :footinmou

Ad Astra said:
Well, what's goin' on out there?

I bet they're busy throwing khukuris, firing Nasty's M-60, and looking at the 18-wheeler full of khuks Norm brought.

While plowing through Gin's home-cooked southwestern food & doing shots of who-knows-what

Nasty here:

You got a cam set up somewhere?

Khuks *have* been flying...out of the blem box at least...and the grinders and other tools have been busy.

We just finished Mamavs application of Yvsas chili verde supper...WOW!!!

We are going to head out back for some appropriate after-dinners chopping demonstrations next.

<note to self...count fingers first>

~Nasty

Hey I must missed the Knon Thread...

I am so jealous of you guys!

Have fun...can't wait for the pics.

Remind me again...how often do they have get togethers?

Shane

Well, for those of you who haven't managed a get together.....you MUST, I repeat MUST have a get together in your area. It was absolutely the best time!! There really are a great bunch of people in this group and it's so much fun to actually put a face and body with the post. The questions asked and wisdom shared was of course the highlight. We had Yvsa play a memorial song for Rusty and got a lesson in NDN flutes. He is really a world of knowledge and advice to behold. And so much thanks to Rio Jim for bringing his sharpening tools.....I now have a kitchen full of sharp knives again....made preparing supper much nicer. ;)

The guys will post some pics as soon as they get home. It was fun for all and we will be doing it again here next May.....so get those plans started and save up for a ticket to the Valley of the Sun. It'll be even better....I've had experience now. ;)

I'm in for May of 2006. I'll be making another hell run to California, watching a citizen graduate from HS, picking up various and sundry items, then on to AZ for the Konvention and a visit to the Folks. You gotta be crazy to drive 3000 miles. I'll do it. I'll get to see a lizard.

munk

YAY!! WHO'S UP FOR AN AKKK (Alaska Khuk Khonvention)

Anyone?

errr......hello?

anybody home?

*sigh* sometimes the isolation from the lower 48 sucks.... :( ;)

Runs With Scissors said:
YAY!! WHO'S UP FOR AN AKKK (Alaska Khuk Khonvention)

Anyone?

errr......hello?

anybody home?

*sigh* sometimes the isolation from the lower 48 sucks.... :( ;)

All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy. All work and no play makes RWS a dull boy.;)
I'd really like to make it to one of these Khonventions. Sadly, when the weather is nice enough for a get together I'm tied to the office 7 days a week. Maybe I'll throw one here at the office one day. Hell, we sell grills and have one to demo. We also have an in ground pool and two above ground pools..not to mention two hot tubs;) However, i do think it would scare the surrounding businesses to see 12 or so khuts running around with 15-25" knives, eating brats and doing cannonballs into the pool.
maybe one day though.

jake

Day-um. I'm sorry I missed it. But then, the weather here in Illinois was a balmy 40 with a nice breeze to make it seem more like 30. You can't have everything, I guess. :D
Have a great time folks, and let us share in the fun.
We just gotta have a national Khon soon. :rolleyes:
Bri

And a Great Grand Time was had by all!!!!:D Hopefully we can make the next one too!!!!
It's always great to be able to put faces to the names we see here.:)
Gin is a wonderful hostess and a magnificient cook!!!! :eek: :cool: :D
Gin outdid herself on the Chile Verde I do have to say!!!! :D

Yesterday, Sunday, Nasty, Gin, and her beautiful daughter came over to our daughter's and we proceeded to the Heard Museum. When we got back to Penny's Dave K was here and a bunch of Penny's friends, where another good time was had by all.:cool:
Boneless BBQ Pork Ribs & Po'k chops with Barbie's Special Home Made BBQ Sauce, - hotdogs, and corn on the cob in the husk on the grill along with a fresh pot of beans was served. Margarita's, Cap'n & Coke, and good beer, especially the Alaskan Amber, was enjoyed by all, well most of us anyway.:D Some had to drive home and Svastar had already left that morning.:( ;)

Sounds like a pretty dang good time. I'm jealous!

It was an *awesome* weekend...Mavav...Thank You *SO* much for opening your casa to us. We all had a *great* time and you treated us all like kings.

I have done a complete photo dump into a directory if you want to wade thought it, you are welcome to. Fair warning...I am from Ohio...there are a lot of pictures of homes in SouthWest motif, cactus and something they have in Arizona called "the Sun".

There are pics of people and cutting stuff too...but this is just a directory of pics where you will have to click on each to load.

SWKK Photo Dump

Back