Spanish flea market finds & other stuff that might be of interest!

Can someone else confirm that they can see all the images again in this thread, page 1 onwards?

Everything disappeared when Photobucket decided to charge, but now images appears to be back again with Photobucket watermarks (even though I gave up on them).

Good if that's the case :)

Can someone else confirm that they can see all the images again in this thread, page 1 onwards?

Everything disappeared when Photobucket decided to charge, but now images appears to be back again with Photobucket watermarks (even though I gave up on them).

Good if that's the case :)
I see the pics.

So after a 16 month break here's today's finds.....

yxoc5wA.jpg

Red adze is an "R.O (Ramon Onraita)" & the handle is salvageable, the black adze is a "Bellota".
The small claw hammer head hasn't a name but is a lovely old casting I couldn't pass up for a couple of €s.

Last edited:
I'm glad your pictures are showing up as this is a great thread!
It's a shame that Photosuckit needs to now watermark your original material they locked you out of - guess they need to do something when their paying user base dropped out? (I seem to be holding a grudge :rolleyes:)

Great looking tools I'mSoSharp!

Thanks Agent H, I'm not bothered about the watermarks, I guess they are using the images they stopped showing as advertising now? Doesn't matter to me I'm using Imgur now.....

Of the two adzes I picked up I realise the "Bellota" one is in fact what they call something like a general purpose hammer, I think more of a brick hammer than an adze? The small claw hammer on closer inspection is in fact made by Bellota as well.

I have a couple of the R.O (Ramon Onraita) adzes now.

v51d7It.jpg

ffZQCuM.jpg

WzHktUv.jpg

A photo of a catalogue page I found online, as well as the adzes it shows the same style of hatchet as I found showed in post #157, in this case they call it "Tarragona" type & show it with a normal wedged handle.

Another lump of very rusty steel I picked up after it had a clean, no markings but bags of character.

KU0hfdC.jpg

U3XO1m7.jpg

ItbFa4y.jpg

jJOgkjY.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this tiny guy today, smallest factory hatchet I've seen with a head weight of just over 8oz (230g)!

08qGN6b.jpg

The make is Olivo. It's just over 4" long.

bdnnA1C.jpg

I found a larger one a while ago.

Qdf0NXW.jpg

1jSb07w.jpg

Made in Guipuzcoa in the north of Spain, the Olivia brand was used by Arrue then later by Ramon Onriata I believe (if anyone knows better please chime in).

4fg9EVJ.jpg

Last edited:
Not a market find this time, an elderly gentleman I was helping out today who knows I mess with sharp stuff said he had an old rusty hatchet I could have.

14" long Kent pattern.
KIrS68A.jpg

fn0b7zY.jpg

He said he bought it from Woolworths (UK) in 1952 for one & six (1shilling, 6pence) after leaving the army. A better memory than me by a long shot!
I haven't found any markings yet, I'm only going to give it a gentle clean followed by a re-fit of the loose handle & sharpen.

Last edited:
Anybody know what it might read? Really tricky to photograph...

11yzYuV.jpg

Looks like COM or GOM (above the "No1") with three front letters missing? Most likely British made.

Last edited:
A couple more images of the unknown Kent hatchet........

aCqZNWB.jpg

ZYgbgmv.jpg

We shall probably never know....haha ;)

Back