• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SPARTAN MLL LIVESAY WINKLER

luethge

Platinum Member
Light users for sale. Prices are inclusive of shipping & PayPal G/S fees.

IMG_5103.jpg
IMG_5105.jpg IMG_5104.jpg

MLL Amazon $140.00 : Top knife in pictures. 01 steel, scratched, patina forming, no rust. The knife has seen regular use around the house. I have sharpened it on a KME at roughly 17-18 degrees per side (The blade was scratched while sharpening). The handle scales are canvas micarta. The sheath is black leather with removable belt loop. This thing is about the size of a BK16, fills the hand a little better though. The jimping on the spine is aggressive. The blade is about 4.5 in long and .155 thick. Great little custom from a Forum member (MLL knives).

Winkler / Case collaboration "Skinner" $ 245.00 : Middle knife in pictures. 80CRV2 steel. Black micarta scales. Leather covered kydex sheath with felt liner. Amazing , useful and comfortable. This knife has seen some steady light use. Kitchen chores and cardboard, a few sticks carved. The edge is original besides being stropped. This is a really easy knife to use, it feels completely natural in hand. 5 inch blade , .190 thick. I have the box and all paperwork for this one (original owner).

Spartan Blades "Ronin Shinto" $225.00 SOLD : Bottom knife in pictures. S35VN steel. Double black canvas micarta scales. Coyote tan sheath. Add on Benchmade pouch will hold a small fire steel (not included). This one has seen some light use cutting food, cardboard, paper and a few soft branches. The edge has been stropped on leather and a fine ceramic rod, it shaves. I have the box and all factory paperwork with this one. 6 inch blade, .190 thick. Perfect grinds on this knife.

IMG_5106.jpg
IMG_5107.jpg
IMG_5108.jpg

Newt Livesay , Wicked Knife Co. Chopper $ 250.00 : 1095 steel. Linen micarta scales. Custom "Okuden" sheath with belt rig. 12 inch blade, .20 thick. About 17 overall. This one can chop. This was possibly one of the original RTAK models (well before ontario or Esee). The back story is a little hard to find.. Supposedly, from what i can gather.. This was an original Livesay RTAK, well used. The owner sent it to Newt Livesay for a "spa ", it returned semi satin and slightly recurved with a convex secondary edge. This is made from differentially heat treated 1095. This thing is ugly as it gets. This knife has uneven grinds. This knife has a ugly patch of patina right in the center of the blade (see above pic). This knife will obliterate a 2x4 with a few well placed swings. This thing is light for its size, balance is incredible. Like all the Livesay knives ive seen, they are made to beat on, not stare at. This knife can handle "machete" work, or chop and baton hard woods. The edge appears to have a slight curve to it if you stare from the sharpening choil , down the length of the blade. This one is ugly, but its is incredible as a user. Edge could use a touch up, fully functional as is though (cuts paper, obliterates soft wood, slices cardboard all day).

*I would prefer to keep these in the USA, Canada is not out of range though.

* 18 + ONLY.
* Please understand & respect your local / state laws.
* I am NOT looking for trades.

* PM with questions

THANK YOU BLADE FORUMS !!!

Last edited:
Interested in the Ronin Shinto, how did it feel while using it? May I ask why you are selling it? Does it not do something you wanted?

Interested in the Ronin Shinto, how did it feel while using it? May I ask why you are selling it? Does it not do something you wanted?

It’s a great medium sized knife, pretty comfortable once you get familiar with the overall shape / balance. I’m selling it because I have more knives than I’ll ever actually use. Letting them collect dust is a waste (IMO).

I tend to get more use out of traditional style, drop point utility knives. The Ronin Shinto is a “combat / fighting “ knife first, utility second. I wouldn’t mind keeping it.. it’s a mean one. It actually carves pretty well for a fighting knife.

Thanks for the info, it looks and sounds like a decent knife. Just haven't seen too many reviews on it. I'm looking for a general purpose, utility type knife, something in the 4.5 - 6 inch range. It's hard to find something that does most things well, but I guess that would make it a master of none, haha. What knives of yours do you prefer to this one?

Back