speaking of goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been told that those who bought the LE will be getting some goodies. Anyone know what they are? Or what the Gunclub guys are getting? Just curious.

To me it is like getting a free knife. I budget x dollars a month, and this month got to spend that, but I'll get two knives. That make any sense? I'm eager to get the shipment, but not anxious. And I remain impressed at the attitude of nearly everyone on the forum; hard to believe there is so much patience.

i read RYP's post about the SAS tins and ti beads several times... and it seem like THOSE items were already in hand, but that it's "something else" that's holding things up.

no clue what items are holding things up. the way it read it seemed like more than one item.

early on the lanyards were going to be the ESEE colors, red,yellow and green, then "afghan" colors. dunno, if that's brown and tan or something else.

i just hope it's not the little stamped sheet metal display stand that's holding everything up. the ti bead will be cool, the tin... umm, if it's "just a tin" those can be found anywhere. if it's "a special tin" or has something nifty in it, then it's fine. if i got the lanyard in the red/yellow/green it was going to end up on a range bag or someting, a brown and tan version may actually get used.

breathe deeply, in thru the nose, out thru the mouth. count to ten or twenty. it will get here soon enough i guess, and then we'll see what all the extra goodies are. it's like waiting for halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, boxing day, new years, MLK day... and whatever's next on the calendar.

at this point, it could be here by april 14th, income tax deadline day. :rolleyes:

Don't forget about the Titanium tool. Although the brass insert is no longer in the design.

le-tool.jpg

Special tins, lanyards, display stands and Ti beads have nothing to do with the standard folder, just the limited editions. Something else must have held the standard folders back, or it's currently holding them back.

Don't forget about the Titanium tool. Although the brass insert is no longer in the design.

le-tool.jpg

Which is a bummer since, imo, it looked more badass and had more contrast to the tool. But I can see why they didn't go that way, and it would cause trouble in keeping it held in perhaps.

Anywho a Ti bead can be fairly expensive [in terms of a small bead for a lanyard], so thats cool in general. If this continues I will get it for my birthday in march lol, so it won't be a christmas present but a birthday present :p

This is pure speculation, but seeing how the HEST/f has a bit driver on it I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the standard bits (maybe even cnc'd out of titanium).

Since RYP is in Somalia, maybe we could get some pirate treasure.
How cool would a Mr. DP gold doubloon be?

If these extra "goodies" turn out to be some decent quality, well manufactured items; something worthy of collector interest and the extra $75 or so for the LE version, then I think the added wait will have been worth it.

But if these items turn out to be a bunch of cheap trinkets more like you would likely get in a box of Crackerjax or with a happy meal, I am going to be pretty pissed. . . .

JMO, YMMV.

We've been told that those who bought the LE will be getting some goodies. Anyone know what they are?
* SAS Tin
** Afghan-themed braided 'lanyard' [I think]
*** Custom Ti bead
**** Ti Skull Tool
***** Certificate of Authenticity
****** ?????
******* ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back