Spear-Carriers!

I have to agree and may be one of the best looking knives ever.

A great example and no two are the same. It's 'matured' as when it came out few took notice of it, the dealer not being one of the usual Big Guns :rolleyes: But it's rightly grown in appreciation :thumbsup: Like mine anyway!

Today Robert Klaas annual knife 2017 with Balbach Damast and BogOak #150/180

jV4CJhp.jpg

Gerd

Will, here's one of my favorite spears. Not to wide, a nice swedge and long pull. A strong practical blade with a thick well rounded stag handle. Overall a very user friendly Northfield carrier. :)
DN91OTK.jpg

The word is Stellar :thumbsup:

I haven't posted in this thread for over a year, but I still have plenty of spearpoints that I could display here (even though posting the spear blades from ALL of my canoes seems destined to bore readers). How about some spearpoint blades from Case? I don't think I've posted many of those (Indian canoe spearpoint etch on a vintage redbone canoe and spear main on a humpback stockman being the only exceptions IIRC).
Here's an Harvest Orange Tribal Lock with Zulu spear that I enjoy FAR more than I thought I would:
tribal.mark.Vopen.jpg

And despite my denigrating the idea of posting ALL of my canoes, showing off a couple of Case canoe spear/pen blades seems acceptable:
Gum Fuddy stainless:
GFcanoe.mark.2open.jpg

Amber bone CV:
canoe.amber.mark.2open.deck.jpg

- GT

Noob here!
These two are my first long pull spears and I absolutely adore them. Top one is a huuge Kutmaster and bottom is a WM Enders (proto-Keen Kutter, right?) 3-inch dogleg. I like the Enders bone a bit more but they're both really pretty. The Kutmaster has super snappy blades with a medium pull, the Enders has a nice snappy medium pull pen blade but the main blade has a much lighter pull that is still quite satisfying but wouldn't inspire much confidence as a heavy user :D.
01JGWsO.jpg

4OQOo9M.jpg

The Kutmaster came to me with a bit of a sunken belly but you would never suspect a thing after I reprofiled it on a whetstone!
x0ge10x.png

I love these two so much! Definitely digging these antique spear points.

Those are Remarkables ;)

That Kutmaster is a real Stabber Jack :D

Back