Spear-Carriers!

Ulster
dLV2aw8.jpg
Fine Ulster Al. Just beautiful.

Not so very long ago, the Barlow seemed to be the fashionable choice on this Forum ;) I think it's been de-throned...but it's still ranks high amongst knives carried. I have no evidence but I've always thought that the Spear is the original Barlow blade. It goes well with Clip & Sheepfoot but for me, it's made in Spearland:D

Here's a good example in carbon/sawn bone

393oVVu.jpg

Pw17IOD.jpg

Here''s one-its is Spear..;) That I was tremendously lucky to win in a legendary GAW from @Campbellclanman some years back, ace Duncan, ace!

t8pLTzo.jpg
Fantastic specimens Will. I will never fall out of love with barlows. They are heavenly.

I love spear blades, I think nothing looks classier than a spear main with a long pull, all dressed in black.

Hence why the aged beauty below caught my eye rather quickly yesterday.

FyuSGCN.jpg
Simply stunning Shap Dylan. Great find.

Case Bose Coffin Jack :D Damascus Spear :thumbsup:

25167951187_6977dd0609_b.jpg
Oh my how gorgeous is that!!!:eek:

IMG_5494.jpeg DSC_0398.JPG IMG_6037.jpg

Love the handles on the Russell!!

Thanks! It's a very well put together knife, no gaps or play, first-rate W&T. Brushed stainless bolster looks good and is practical, no rusting. They did a Grandaddy version too I believe but I think they are Clips only?

Reactions: 315
Fielding a Big Gun there Ron!:cool: I didn't even know it was offered in Dam? Dam just Dam:D Impressive:thumbsup:

Regards, Will
Thank you for the kind words Will! This one is a souvenir from the Case/Zippo store in Bradford PA. Pam and I made a trip up there when we were at the 2017 Great Eastern Cutlery Rendezvous. :)

Pile side Weidmannsheil

BSiihox.jpg
Beautifully mellowed stag on that German beauty Will! :thumbsup:

Here are two more from GEC’s Spear offerings. A 79 Workhorse Whittler, this one with Smooth Ivory Bone and an 85 Teardrop Jack with Buffalo.

19282049991_0a652cbee6_b_d.jpg

How about some frosted spears for dessert?
Colt buckshot bone teardrop jack:
mYtti68.jpg

Marbles ram's horn canoe:
OhpiRHt.jpg

Rough Rider green smooth bone canoe:
XsXUDB5.jpg

Mohawk stag canoe from AG Russell:
ZOzul8A.jpg

Böker beer barrel canoe:
b^3canoe.mark.2open.jpg

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs Buckshot Colt very good bone, I have a Gunstock single Clip in that. Frosted etches can look particularly good and thanks for posting them, the shape of the Spear blade itself, makes it a good candidate for frost etches.

Back