Special Edition BK4

Well since for some reason, I can't bring myself to use the first one I got. I'm going to order another one tomorrow. I've been telling myself for three days. If you have two sixes, you need two fours.

Got mine!

Tip is rounded some, little lump that could be coating or steel.

I have full intention of using this one, never had any idea otherwise.I'm looking forward to getting out and chopping something. More pics later but I ran home to check it out. It may or may not be in my trunk right now at work :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490287.119807.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490287.119807.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490302.250967.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490302.250967.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490313.814578.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333490313.814578.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 47
Yay, I finally got my Machax this afternoon. I love the design. It's going to be a butt-kicking blade. The balance is good, and it feels like it'll be a snappy cutter.

Mine has a weird high spot on the spine that's a couple of inches long, but since I was planning to strip this knife anyway I'm sure that I can square that up with no problem and file it down to flat again.

I need to go out and chop something now.

It's sounding like some of the QC was a little spotty, hope mine doesn't have any weird bits, but I guess that's to be expected with first-run anything.

I got my LE BK4 yesterday and its damn sexy. I want another one but, I'm not sure if I will get another of the Special edition or the regulars. Does anyone know how many of the Special editions there really are, I know Doc said about 200 but if anyone knows I would appreciate it. I am really torn, this is the first knife I have had that I kinda wanna save as a collectors piece and not use and if I got another I probably would put one back. Its just kinda feels wrong though too, I get knives to use, not look at, my blades usually get used and hard at that. Thoughts, opinions, word vomits spasms?

I got my LE BK4 yesterday and its damn sexy. I want another one but, I'm not sure if I will get another of the Special edition or the regulars. Does anyone know how many of the Special editions there really are, I know Doc said about 200 but if anyone knows I would appreciate it. I am really torn, this is the first knife I have had that I kinda wanna save as a collectors piece and not use and if I got another I probably would put one back. Its just kinda feels wrong though too, I get knives to use, not look at, my blades usually get used and hard at that. Thoughts, opinions, word vomits spasms?

Honestly man I don't think this is a particularly 'special' special edition. The old coating, which is not very good, and a roll stamp versus the upcoming laser etch, is the only difference. I'm no expert but I highly doubt these will ever be worth anything. What makes them valuable right now is that you have one in your hand and can use it right now... who the hell knows when the other ones will be released.

Also, you can look at a user blade. Fills both your needs!

Also, I think the final full production model will actually be a bit nicer looking, so if you decide someday you want something to hang on the wall then that would actually be the most logical choice. In the meantime you can beat on your 'special edition' BK4 and be having fun instead of waiting around.

Got mine!

I have full intention of using this one, never had any idea otherwise.I'm looking forward to getting out and chopping something. More pics later but I ran home to check it out. It may or may not be in my trunk right now at work :D

is there a divot inside your box? i'd guess your package was dropped onto concrete.

Honestly man I don't think this is a particularly 'special' special edition. The old coating, which is not very good, and a roll stamp versus the upcoming laser etch, is the only difference.

well, other key differences are : (as you said) available NOW, cheaper, and there's a limited number (200ish) with the roll stamp.

that makes them limited :) are they SUPER FLUFFY AND SPECIAL like the BK10 LE was? not quite that sexy. nice price? in your hands now, so needy can stop whining, and sheath benders can get working? yup.

could be worse, some vendor could've bought them all, and sold them for 50% more :)

Thanks for the thoughts guys, still thinking about getting another. Going to get a regular for sure when they come out, as for saving the one I have, lol, to late already started wacking away with it. I just can't not use a knife I own, it seems like sacrilege to deny it the taste of wood, opening stuff and other...things, nevermind, lol. Thanks again hope everyone is enjoying there BK4s.

Ordered mine today!! Will order a custom sheath and handles in a month or two,when I can afford it.I wish kabar would make Unique colored micarta handles.

As special as you want em to be, they're not. Like previously said, you get the old coating and the old stamp. Wouldn't the NEW coating and NEW stamp be more special? And as for cheaper than the regular production, maybe by MSRP, but definitely not by most people's preferred vendor prices. I got charged sales tax on mine shipped to WA, wasnt told about it, and was the first time I've ever been charged tax on an an order shipped there. Worked out to about ten bucks more than if I were to order it from Tomar's. Two weeks later and I still don't have it. Lookin forward to getting this "limited special first production run" hunk of steel and putting it in it's place... Deep in the side of some seasoned hardwood.

Ordered mine today!! Will order a custom sheath and handles in a month or two,when I can afford it.I wish kabar would make Unique colored micarta handles.

I ordered one yesterday morning also. They said it would ship in about a week.

What custom sheath and handles do you have in mind? I was thinking about that as well.

Cheers.

Lets see some stripped....that would be sweet.

There's some photos out there. Like this?

IMG_0148.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

Got mine!

With KaBar's no-questions-asked warranty, I'd ship that sucker back in a heartbeat. Good price, but it's still a lot of hard-earned money. You should be able to enjoy that knife at it's fullest.
Yeah, I know you waited a long time, but over time it's going to wear on you.

I broke my KaBar when I was overseas and just threw it away, not knowing that they were warranteed. I found out I could have gotten it replaced for free. That was the world's first "D'OH!!!" moment! :dispirited:
40+ years later I'm still kicking myself.

Back