Special Edition BK4

They will ship to Hawaii. I had to pay an extra $25 for them to ship to Oahu. Kinda steep but that's the price you pay for living in Hawaii. Depends how bad you want one.

mahalos quint38 :) I placed a pre-order online so that's one in the bush so far. eh that was your thread with the mango juice? came out sweet. I'd like to try that some day.

thanks again braddah.

oops, no, was zuluninja thread

I ordered mine on the day of the announcement, but didnt get my hands on it until this week (I was out of the country) - I can't wait to start hacking away with this thing!
? What's the plastic insert inside the velcro pocket of the sheath for? a Remora?
I tried to do a quick thread search to find the answer, but couldnt find - sorry if this was already asked/answered

I ordered mine on March 23, it is April 10 and I still haven't heard anything... Still urked about having to pay hidden taxes, should have just paid the extra and had it shipped directly to me in Canada, would save myself some waiting and then a hour trip to the border to pick it up.

Any of these left?

I received mine yesterday. Interestingly, I see no markings on it that are out of the ordinary. As I recall it someone said the major difference was the blade coating. I wonder if these are some that were in process when the company changed coatings and they did not want to have different ones showing up in the retail chain.

I received mine yesterday. Interestingly, I see no markings on it that are out of the ordinary. As I recall it someone said the major difference was the blade coating. I wonder if these are some that were in process when the company changed coatings and they did not want to have different ones showing up in the retail chain.

Two other very important changes are the roll marked blades (vs the laser etching on the new ones) and the specially marked box.

... Over 3 weeks, still no knife. Will not order direct from Kabar again. Wish I had waited for the regular production model.

... Over 3 weeks, still no knife. Will not order direct from Kabar again. Wish I had waited for the regular production model.

Give them a call. I had to call them up as well when my Machax hadn't come for a few weeks. Thankfully mine was out for delivery when I talked to Ka-bar's customer service. They're very cool about helping you out, though. Maybe you can sweet talk a little something extra out of them for the wait time if it hasn't been shipped yet.

If it hasn't been shipped yet there will be no sweet talking involved lol. I was just hoping to have it before this weekend, and now Tomar's already has the new ones in stock, i could order from him, for cheaper, pay no sales tax and probably have it here before the Kabar order shows up. The only reason I ordered the LE was to have it BEFORE the regular production models hit the shelves. Bah, just frustrated that I don't have my knife yet, and reading everyone's posts about theirs. Oh well, guess it gets here when it gets here.

If it hasn't been shipped yet there will be no sweet talking involved lol. I was just hoping to have it before this weekend, and now Tomar's already has the new ones in stock, i could order from him, for cheaper, pay no sales tax and probably have it here before the Kabar order shows up. The only reason I ordered the LE was to have it BEFORE the regular production models hit the shelves. Bah, just frustrated that I don't have my knife yet, and reading everyone's posts about theirs. Oh well, guess it gets here when it gets here.

That really sucks it worked out for you that way. We all bought the LE to get it sooner...At least you probably still payed a little less that the regular model.

Nope, I got charged Sales Tax for having it shipped to Washington (I live in BC, never been charged tax for something shipped to WA)...something I was not informed of until AFTER I was charged. Worked out to about 92 bucks...Tomar's has the new ones for 81 bucks and change. I'll probably get my RPR BK16 before I get my Machaxe. Lame sauce.

Well Tomars adds shipping so im guessing they would be about the same but still pretty crappy deal.

Sound like your going to really have to beat that Machax when it finally shows up.

Back